Windows Firewall Control from BiniSoft.org (Paid)

What is your opinion on "Windows Firewall Control" from BiniSoft.org

• Total voters
Product name
Windows Firewall Control
Pros
  • 1.)Easy to use
    2.)Enhance ability of windows firewall
    3.)Lock feature which can disable the access to the settings of the program and Windows Firewal
    4.)Shell integration into the right click context menu of the executable files.
CONS
Only missing self defence techniques to protect process of WFC.
BOTTOM LINE
My rating is 4.5 Stars (Very Good) but no option for that so i give it a 4 stars Windows Firewall Control is a powerful application which extends the functionality of the Windows Firewall.Good product to try out.

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
In my test i found windows firewall control passed well and protcted me against network attacks.This is my personal point of view so i give 4 stars.
2 stars - high system resource usage
Capture1.PNG
27.1MB only@Petrovic

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Voted: "I haven't used this product." Honestly to me a firewall is what it is. The integrated one is good enough and it should be anyway. Don't see any reason to buy this let alone change the settings.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
I agree lot of people should know the in-built firewall is good enough. Just need a good firewall control program.
This way you can save resources.

The default settings are good as they are. :)

H

hjlbx

Voted: "I haven't used this product." Honestly to me a firewall is what it is. The integrated one is good enough and it should be anyway. Don't see any reason to buy this let alone change the settings.

WFC is simply a GUI for Windows firewall; WFC is not a firewall itself.

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
Windows Firewall default settings are good enough for a home system, but not for a laptop that uses public hotspots on a regular basis.

Yeah I know that they are pretty much the same thing. I am a laptop user and almost never have to connect to hotpots in general so I am safe. What ever works for someone is good enough for me. :)

Behold Eck

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 22, 2014
It`s main function for me is it`s outbound request control which has been excellent thus far.

So I gave it a full five stars.

Regards Eck:)

Reactions: Andytay70

marzametal

Level 7
Verified
Jun 10, 2014
It`s main function for me is it`s outbound request control which has been excellent thus far.

So I gave it a full five stars.

Regards Eck:)
I agree, for outbound control, this app rules. It also helps when setting restrictions for users who make use of VPNs.

Reactions: Behold Eck

Bitz

Jan 7, 2017
hi,

WFC won't allow my anti-virus program to automatically update virus definition if its set profiles - Medium Filtering but allow when I set: Profiles - Low Filtering. The author recommends to use the Medium Filtering so I would like to know how to fix the update virus definition issue. anyone knows how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Reactions: AtlBo

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
hi,

WFC won't allow my anti-virus program to automatically update virus definition if its set profiles - Medium Filtering but allow when I set: Profiles - Low Filtering. The author recommends to use the Medium Filtering so I would like to know how to fix the update virus definition issue. anyone knows how to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated. thanks.
You will allow your antivirus in the firewall. Problem solved.

how do I configure my firewall to allow my antivirus to automatically update then?

WFC works like this. Upon first execution of a program, the outbound firewall alert is generated after the program has been blocked. Even though you select "Allow this Program," you sometimes have to close the program (your antivirus) and re-launch it.

You can enable Learning mode, launch the program, close the program, then re-launch the program.

Do this for both automatic and manual signature updates.

You can also enable the Shell Context menu for WFC, navigate to the AV signature updater process, right-click, and select "Allow this Program."

Finally, you can view the connections log, find the blocked AV, then right-click and create an Allow rule for it.

Windows Firewall Control does not create suspended firewall rules.

Read the manual. It's a bit unclear, but that is how the product works.

Bitz

Jan 7, 2017
WFC works like this. Upon first execution of a program, the outbound firewall alert is generated after the program has been blocked. Even though you select "Allow this Program," you sometimes have to close the program (your antivirus) and re-launch it.

You can enable Learning mode, launch the program, close the program, then re-launch the program.

Do this for both automatic and manual signature updates.

You can also enable the Shell Context menu for WFC, navigate to the AV signature updater process, right-click, and select "Allow this Program."

Finally, you can view the connections log, find the blocked AV, then right-click and create an Allow rule for it.

Windows Firewall Control does not create suspended firewall rules.

Read the manual. It's a bit unclear, but that is how the product works.

Forgive my ignorance but what is "AV" stand for?

thank you for the help.

The developer, Alexandru, is constantly improving WFC.

It is a very solid product.

Those that do not like it, generally don't know how it works.

Once you figure out how it works, it is a great little soft.

Capture.PNG

Where else are you going to find a very good outbound firewall notification soft for $10 - with unlimited installs and a lifetime license ?

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.