Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
Still Windows Firewall isn't working and updates can't be installed.
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
I scanned my pc with various programs to see if i was infected and tried to start Windows Firewall through Services.
In the picture bellow these are the updates that can't be installed.
Untitled.png
All the updates have the same error code.
I searched in google and saw that is a Windows Firewall related problem.
I went to Services and tried to manually start WF but i couldn't it gave an error message.

Another article suggested to scan the system because this kind of problem can be caused by a rootkit.
So i did scan on my pc with Kaspersky TDSS Killer, EEK, ZAM Premium, MBAM, ESET Online Scanner.
Nothing was found my pc is clean.

Some other articles suggested to start some other services like BITS because they may affect the functionality of WF but that didn't work too.

One last article that i was hoping to help me was talking about MpsSvc driver and it wanted through registry key to make some changes and enable WF after reboot. That also failed.

Finally today i decided to download W10 through Media Creation Tool to do a clean install but to my surprise that also failed:eek:.

If someone has encountered with this problem and solved it please help me.
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Reactions: Logethica

hamo

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 30, 2014
The same happened to me a bout month ago , I tried many many things and google the problem to solve it but all did not work,
the most I cannot use Media Creation Tool like you.

Finally I open VM and use Media Creation Tool and download latest Win. 10 < drag new Win.10 to Real machine < clean install .

Reactions: tonibalas
Upvote 0

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@Rishi WF is set to Automatic ( image 1 ) and when i click Start i get this message (image 2)
Untitled.png Untitled.png

i tried to search in italian MS community, someone suggets to do a clean start.
That is my thought right now.

@hamo I can't install VM because my laptop is more than 7 years old so i have already downloaded W 8.1 and W 10 iso.;)

Upvote 0

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
You may give a try to Windows repair tool from tweaking.com & try to repair firewall.
I am glad you mention this tool.
I forgot to mention that it was one of the first things i tried to solve the problem but once again no luck.

Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Upvote 0

tonibalas

Level 40
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@Huracan first of all thank you for your help.
In start i am opening WF and i get this screenUntitled.png
when i hit Restore Defaults this what i get this oneUntitled.png and after clicking Use recommended settings nothing happens.
I have already run sfc/scannow and found some problems but they can't be repaird.
BFE and Remote Procedure Call Service are set to Automatic and they are runningUntitled.png Untitled.png

About Windows Firewall Authorization Driver i followed the steps but i can't find itUntitled.png.
I think that this my be the problem.
I have also scanned my system with gpresult -z the previous days and found nothing because firewall isn't working.

Now about WF Troubleshooter i can't run on W10.

Now about source 2 this what i get when i run cmd Untitled.png

Reactions: Logethica and Ink
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.