Windows Repair Toolbox - Have you tried it?

AlexCa

From Windows Repair Toolbox
Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Windows Repair Toolbox has been released, version 3.0.2.8.

### Added
- Sysinternals Suite, to the "Useful Tools" section of the "Tools" tab. Thanks to @TairikuOkami for the suggestion.
- Intel Drivers & Support Assistant, to the "Update" section of the "Malware Removal" tab.

### Changed
- Moved Patch My PC to the "Update" section of the "Malware Removal" tab.
- Some other changes and internal updates.

### Removed
- Java, from the "Update" section of the "Malware Removal" tab.
- Adobe Reader, from the "Update" section of the "Malware Removal" tab.

Thank you!

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Windows Repair Toolbox has been released, version 3.0.2.9.

### Added

- Option to always update tools (don't ask).
- Option to always start WRT in normal mode.
- Option to always start WRT in minimal mode.

### Changed
- Some internal updates.

Note: thank you to the user Logan for the suggestions.

Thank you!

Last edited:

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Windows Repair Toolbox has been released, version 3.0.3.0.

### Added
- Already downloaded tools will now have a green border around its button.
Example:
Capture1.JPG

- Ability to delete tools individually (added a right-click context menu over each button).
Example:
Capture2.JPG

### Fixed
- The "Intel Drivers" checkbox in the update all settings wasn't working.

Thank you!

Note: thanks to the user Logan for the suggestions.

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Windows Repair Toolbox has been released, version 3.0.3.1.

### Added
- Ability to delete all tools in a section at once (added that entry to the right-click context menu over each button).
print1.png

### Changed
- Also added a border to the buttons of some tools that doesn't require to be downloaded.

- Some other internal changes.

### Fixed
- The cancelation of the "Update All" process by clicking the cancel button would only work while the download of a tool was in progress. So, if all the tools were already downloaded and updated, the cancel button would not work, and the user would have to wait for the checking of all tools. That was fixed, and the cancelation can now be done by simply clicking the ESC button.
print2.png

- Removed the right-click "Delete Download" from FRST button (it shouldn't be there in that tool).

Thank you!

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Windows Repair Toolbox has been released, version 3.0.3.2.

### Added
- Created a GUI for the Sysinternals Suite ("Tools" tab > "Useful Tools" section > "Sysinternals" button).
gui.jpg

- Added the option to run "chkdsk /scan" to the CHKDSK application ("Tools" tab > "Windows" section > "CHKDSK" button).

- Added the ability to select/deselect all the tools from certain section with 1-click ("Settings" tab > Gearbox button).

Thank you!

Last edited:

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Windows Repair Toolbox has been released, version 3.0.3.3.

### Fixed
- Fixed a bug in the GUI for the Sysinternals Suite: the command-line tools would not run if the path contained an empty space.

I'm sorry for the successive update.

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Windows Repair Toolbox has been released, version 3.0.3.4.

### Changed
- Replaced "UltraAdwCleaner" with "Fix Print Spooler", in the "Repairs" section.

- The first tool of the GUI for the Sysinternals Suite is now selected as soon as the GUI is opened.

### Fixed
- Fixed a bug in the GUI for the Sysinternals Suite: after running a command-line tool the command prompt would go to a different path than the folder where the tools are located (it should stay in the same folder to allow the user to continue to run commands).

Thank you!

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Windows Repair Toolbox has been released, version 3.0.3.5.

### Changed
- Updated to Visual Studio 2022 and the target to .NET Framework 4.8.

- Updated the 7-Zip components to version 22.01.

- Norton Power Eraser now have 32- and 64-bits versions. Updated the code to reflect that change.

- One of the executables of Emsisoft Emergency Kit changed its name. Updated the code to reflect that change.

- Several other internal updates.

### Fixed
- The "FixPrintSpool" button, in the "Repairs" section, was missing the context-menu (right-click menu).

- Several other minor fixes.

Thank you!

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Windows Repair Toolbox has been released, version 3.0.3.6.

### Added
- Added the winget command-line tool to the "Update" section (runs the command: "winget upgrade -h --all").

### Fixed
- Resolved the issue with the NirLauncher download that had ceased functioning.

- Resolved the issue with the SDIO download that had ceased functioning.

### Changed
- Some internal updates.

Thank you!

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Windows Repair Toolbox has been released, version 3.0.3.7.

### Added
- In the bottom panel, when running on a system that supports System Encryption or BitLocker, the status of these features will be displayed, indicating whether they are turned on or off.

### Changed
- Improved high DPI support.

- Improved SSD detection.

Thank you!

Alexai

Level 3
Aug 12, 2023
@AlexCa

I really like your tool.

In the last times, to reduce the surface of attack, defender blocks a temp file for the rule of stopping the abuse of exploitation of vulnerable signed drivers in circulation when I open Toolbox.

And I don't remember where, I read someone said, about your tool, "it seems to act like a malware" - I've to find the source again.

Alexai

Level 3
Aug 12, 2023
@AlexCa

I really like your tool.

In the last times, to reduce the surface of attack, defender blocks a temp file for the rule of stopping the abuse of exploitation of vulnerable signed drivers in circulation when I open Toolbox.

And I don't remember where, I read someone said, about your tool, "it seems to act like a malware" - I've to find the source again.
Ok, I found. On alternativeto . net

"
Warning
Has code similar to Coin miner software in the .exeVirusTotal shows a mlicious static engine in the .exe
"

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Windows Repair Toolbox has been released, version 3.0.3.8.

### Added
- Added AdwCleaner to the group of tools that can be executed in unattended mode, in replacement of TDSS Killer.
- Added F-Secure Online Scanner to the Malware Removal tab.
- Added a confirmation MessageBox before executing Winget in the groupbox "Update" of the Malware Removal tab.

### Changed
- Changed the OS label to show the DisplayVersion instead of the ReleaseId.
- Updated smartmontools to version 7.4.0.5530.
- Updated 7-Zip components to version 23.01.

### Removed
- Removed TDSS Killer from the Malware Removal (software discontinued).
- Removed the opening of the Windows Repair Toolbox website upon the first program launch.

### Fixed
- Fixed the color of the buttons for the tools that can be executed in unattended mode.
- Fixed a problem with memorizing the checkboxes of three malware removal tools in the "Update All" settings.

Thank you!

AlexCa

Verified
Developer
Apr 30, 2016
Hello everyone,

An updated version of Windows Repair Toolbox has been released, version 3.0.3.9.

### Changed
- Changed to the Libre Hardware Monitor library, replacing Open Hardware Monitor.
- Increased the polling period of the CPU temperature monitor from 1 second to 2 seconds.
- Built-in HTTP connections to windows-repair-toolbox.com domain have been replaced with secured HTTPS connections.

Thank you!

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.