Advice Request Windows update and USB audio problem

Windows 11
26 Replies 5,590 Views
Share practical recommendations that address the author's needs.
Have you tried changing Audio settings?
  • Go to Sound settings (right-click speaker icon in taskbar > Sound settings > More sound settings).
  • Go to the Playback tab, select the DragonFly device, click Properties.
  • Go to the Advanced tab and try different default formats (e.g., change the sample rate and bit depth).
Was audio working fine on Win11 before update?
I'll give that a go. It was working perfectly until the update. It works fine on my Windows 10 machine.
 
The DAC has four sample rates. All but the highest has distortion during playback. Even though there appears to be no distortion in the highest setting, every few seconds the sound cuts out for a split second. It's so annoying. As I said this DAC works fine on my Windows 10 machine. I also have an older DAC that seems to work fine. I had none of these problems before the Windows update.
 
I spoke too soon. Yesterday it was working perfectly. Today I plug it in and get no sound and the Windows volume control is not working smoothly. I un-plug and re-plug and get sound, but I'm back to square one with the same cutting out and distortion problems as before. No settings have been changed. I then un-plug and re-plug once more and then receive a blue screen before the laptop restarts itself. Such a shame... :(
 
Last edited:

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top