Troubleshoot Windows Update Error 0x80070643

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
Hi, I'm trying to install the latest version of Windows but I get the error 0x80070643. The update is kb4054517. If someone can help me very grateful in advance. Greetings friends.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I had the same problem with KB4054517, PC got several time stuck at "Getting Windows ready..", I could only hard-shutdown.

First I did was stop Windows Update in services, then I deleted everything in Windows update cache C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download , restarted PC, and then manually downloaded and installed correct offline version from Microsoft Update Catalog , after succesfull install, restarted again, enabled Windows Update in services, and that solved the problem for me. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
When disable the Windows Update Service will not let me install the updates offline
Have you tried this troubleshooter. Try running it 2-3 times.
Also check for any damaged system files by opening a cmd window (with admin privileges) and copy-paste this sfc /scannow and press enter.
If you still get error, disable any security software you have on your system (I would recommend temporarily uninstalling all security software) .

Upvote 0

eonline

Level 21
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Nov 15, 2017
DSOsvnl.jpg

Upvote 0

Archibald

Dec 14, 2017
I had problems installing this update as well. On the fourth reset of my pc, I had downloaded the stand alone installer and had it on a flash drive. I had my ethernet cable unplugged and skipped the connecting to a network portion of the windows setup process. As soon as windows was ready, I manually installed KB4054517. The update went through. I reconnected the ethernet cable and connected to my fios server and ran windows update to get any other pending updates.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.