Windows Vista any good

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareT

Thread author
Hello, i got original Windows Vista Ultimate and Home Premium 2 DVDs (32/64 bit) as a gift from my friend, so i have a question: Should i use them for installing or should i just throw them in garbage ? I heard a lot negative comments about Vista so i wanted to ask you guys :)

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Hi prijatelj

I have not had good experiences with Vista, I tried 3 times and 3 times I formatted .

When it has not been problems drivers (with a laptop I've had bad ) , has been slow . Perhaps it is that I like the w7 , but I think a step back to go to Vista. to step back I prefer XP

here are some links to help you .
A hug friend

http://www.notebookreview.com/news/windows-7-vs-windows-vista-performance-comparison/
http://www.diffen.com/difference/Windows_7_vs_Windows_Vista
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2354433,00.asp

Penelope Grenola

Feb 21, 2015
I've been using Vista home premium for over 4 years now. Sometimes it coughs and splutters, but generally it's like an old trusted friend. Over the years I've put in tweeks, stopped some of the services..ect.ect. So in answer to the query, out the box is ok, but a few adjustments here and there and it should serve you well.

Reactions: Morro and MalwareT

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well there's nothing wrong on Vista but due to the fact its packed of lots of visual effects then even a newly purchased laptop that specifications range to low-medium may caused slowdowns already.

My auntie's laptop HP brand purchased like 5-7 years isn't good when running Vista.

Reactions: MalwareT

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
There was never any in between for me between XP & Windows 7.Vista is OK just depends on what you want.I prefer 7 and or 8.1. I might hang on to those Vista Installation discs until the final word comes out on Windows 10 upgrade ;)

Last edited:

Paul B.

Level 4
Verified
Dec 21, 2014
It depends on your hardware. Vista is much like 8. It is a big step away from what came before, and it had a lot of wrinkles that needed ironing out. Most, but not all, have been taken care of. And frankly, MS seems to be quite done with trying. It's a nice OS, but periodically it will act up on most machines. Also, since Vista, MS has worked on lowering the overhead, so that 7 is lighter than V, and 8 is lighter than 7.

Reactions: MalwareT
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.