Advice Request Windows XP Users “Not Interested” in Windows 8 Upgrades – Analyst

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Microsoft’s biggest challenge after the Windows 8 debut is to convince Windows XP users to make the move to its new OS, as the 11-year old software is not a secure working environment anymore.

Windows-XP-Users-Not-Interested-in-Windows-8-Upgrades-Analyst-2.png

But although the Redmond-based technology company is constantly urging consumers to dump Windows XP, they’re not quite interested, Andy Trish, managing director of software reseller NCI Technologies, told IT Pro.

“The only thing that will force a [mass] change from XP will be if someone finds a security or operational hole that can’t be plugged and affects the way they work. Anti-virus companies will still write cures for a virus that may affect XP, so that scare tactic won’t work,” he said.

Microsoft will officially stop providing support for Windows XP in April 2014, so moving to a newer Windows version is a crucial task for most users of this platform.

Source

imsoadude

Level 3
Verified
Feb 21, 2011
Im not that surprised it would be a huge step from xp to 8 many changes, for users that prefer the xp feel compared to 7/8 they wont want to move from what works for them.

McLovin

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
First upgrade I think they might have to do is there hardware to actually support Windows 8, ha.

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
One of these days I am getting a new system with quad core and 8GB of RAM, and a solid state hard drive. I seriously doubt Windows 8 is going to be part of that PC. Windows 7 is more like it. I am getting a wicked graphics and video card as well. Not much else turns me on.

kuva

Verified
Nov 24, 2012
i think win8 is really better than win7 or xp . just my opinion :)

D

Deleted member 178

Better im not sure, many advanced features are missing like "non-plug & play drivers" in device manager; but Lighter, i cant deny it, the main reason i moved on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.