Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
Briefly explain your current issue(s)
disconnecting and faster startup without windscribe
Steps taken to resolve, but have been unsuccessful
exiting windscribe and relaunching it
As the title suggests, I have the free version but it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. Plus that my startup seems quicker when I remove windscribe from my startup apps.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
As the title suggests, I have the free version but it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting. Plus that my startup seems quicker when I remove windscribe from my startup apps.

Please let us know, where are your issues on mobile or Windows 10 ?

I have seen similar issues by using Windscribe Free, but in my case it was caused by 3rd-party Firewall like Windows Firewall Control or TinyWall.
I had to whitelist in Firewall 3 processes related to Windscribe Free, after that worked fine connects to any chosen servers by Windscribe.

Upvote 0

ZeePriest

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
@ZeePriest If you try different servers and still have issues, your best option would be to lodge a support ticket with Windscribe. Although I haven't found their support to be the best, you'd have more chance of getting your issues resolved that way.
I'll try that but I thought I'd post my issue here before lodging a support ticket...

Upvote 0

ZeePriest

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
@ZeePriest If you try different servers and still have issues, your best option would be to lodge a support ticket with Windscribe. Although I haven't found their support to be the best, you'd have more chance of getting your issues resolved that way.
Hi @roger_m, I tried a different server than the one's I tried before and it didn't disconnect. But I'm curious why it does that.

Upvote 0

Stopspying

Level 19
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 21, 2018
I have used Windscribe for a long time, its currently a backup VPN to SurfShark. Over the last few weeks I've had it drop off repeatedly for the first few minutes (1-10 mins, usually at the short end of this range) after signing-in. I've tried some of the suggestions put forward above (this site can be one of the best for co-operating like this) - changing servers, only switching the firewall on once I have a stable connection, changing the protocol etc without any noticible difference. I have not updated Windscribe yet to the latest release (2.02), I'm hoping this might reslove the dropping of issue. has anyone else here found this to be the case?

Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
I have used Windscribe for a long time, its currently a backup VPN to SurfShark. Over the last few weeks I've had it drop off repeatedly for the first few minutes (1-10 mins, usually at the short end of this range) after signing-in.
I've experienced no dropouts in the last few weeks that I've been using Windscribe again. The only issue I've had is that sometimes servers can be fast one day and slow another, meaning that I sometimes have to change servers to get decent speeds.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.