On Sale! Windscribe Pro: Lifetime Subscription- $39.20

Disclaimer: We cannot guarantee that all promo codes will remain active. Some offers have a short validation period and expire.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
upload_2017-10-21_11-24-30.png

Confirmed working today as well!

Reactions: GonzitoVir

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
1) How many devices does this deal support?
2) Which country is Windscribe from?
3) Can I use this VPN for my router?

1. As I know Unlimited devices
2. It is a Canadian vpn service founded by Yegor Sak.
3. I don't know, sorry.

It is a nice deal for a lifetime subscription. Very cheap!!!

Reactions: Weebarra

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
1. As I know Unlimited devices
2. It is a Canadian vpn service founded by Yegor Sak.
3. I don't know, sorry.

It is a nice deal for a lifetime subscription. Very cheap!!!

@NikolayfromRussia Indeed it is one of the best VPNS for very cheap (right now)! Thanks to our friends at Windscribe!! Wohoo!

To answer #3 please see my posting. DDWRT, Tomato are the main two. You can buy one preconfigured too. Plus they provide you with resources on how to set this all up yourslef too. I have an ASUS that I use Windscribe on. Easy to configure!

Last edited:

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Comparision Chart:

upload_2017-10-21_12-50-35.png

With this purchase, you get Pro for $39.20 for a lifetime. This means that you have the license paid off in about ~4 months and 11 days! That is sweet!

Fantastic deal! (I'd call it a steal of a deal - quite honestly!!!) I haven't seen it this low ever!

Lightning_Brian

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
Hi @Lightning_Brian! Thanks for letting me (us) know! Great discount and offer for sure. Will take a look. :)

My question is: Does Windscribe apply any speed limit? Can i use my whole internet speed while VPN? For example, with ExpressVPN (i'm paying monthly) i can. Both have servers in Argentina as i see.

Last edited:

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
@RoboMan Your welcome!!

As for your question: For me, it does not slow me down! However, my internet speed is right around 20 MBPS.

Anyone else can confirm? I have heard from some that it slows things down a bit or there is a magical cap off. With this being said, this VPN is one of the most secure VPNs out there. If speed is really needed then maybe another VPN is needed. However, this VPN is for security and designed for security.

Please take a look at this comparison: ExpressVPN vs Windscribe Feature Comparison - Windscribe

As you can see Windscribe is much more advanced than ExpressVPN. However, if I had to choose I'd go with Windscribe VPN, PIA, Express, or Nord. Those are the only true secure log less VPNs. With this being said, Windscribe beats them all out with the features that this VPN has.

Last edited:

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
Windscribe has a comparison chart on their website that you may use. In case anyone else wants to compare anything.

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
I'm almost going against my instincts that say that lifetime VPN subscriptions are a bad idea and going for this... at this price if lasts more than 4 months it pays itself....

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
Hi @Lightning_Brian! Thanks for letting me (us) know! Great discount and offer for sure. Will take a look. :)

My question is: Does Windscribe apply any speed limit? Can i use my whole internet speed while VPN? For example, with ExpressVPN (i'm paying monthly) i can. Both have servers in Argentina as i see.

I have a 1 year subscription to Windscribe Pro, that I bought after trying the free service. I wish I had seen the lifetime offer before I bit on the 1 year deal they emailed to me!

I don't know if there is a speed limit, but my tests with both Speedtest.net and testmy.net show about a 50% reduction in download speed while the VPN is active vs. native ISP connection. I have high speed cable broadband, so half of very fast, is still fast enough for me. That may have something to do with the overhead of using AES-256 cipher with SHA512 auth and a 4096-bit RSA key. Which is fine by me!

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
Anyone knows this site? RestorePrivacy | Your online privacy resource center

This guy seems legit and a expert on VPNs and he doesn't recommend VPN companies from Canada which Windscribe is from, because Canada can collect and record our logs etc.

What is your perspective on this?

Windscribe claims they do not keep any logs. "We do not store any logs on who used what IP address, so we cannot tie user activity to any single user." So even if Canadian authorities asked for them, they have nothing to give up. As far as I know, Canada has no laws requiring retention of any data.

zzz00m

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 10, 2017
@toto_10 Well if you look at this long list nearly every VPN is on it: 5 Eyes, 9 Eyes, 14 Eyes - Explained | RestorePrivacy

Examples: Express, PIA etc. etc. many many others

I see my use of VPN as a way to secure my privacy and data from hackers and marketers. I think it would actually be difficult to hide from a government agency if they were out to get you. Probably better to go completely off the grid in that case. And if you have to worry about that, then you have bigger problems than which VPN is in which country.

Reactions: Neno

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I see my use of VPN as a way to secure my privacy and data from hackers and marketers. I think it would actually be difficult to hide from a government agency if they were out to get you. Probably better to go completely off the grid in that case. And if you have to worry about that, then you have bigger problems than which VPN is in which country.

@zzz00m agreed!

Reactions: zzz00m

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I'm almost going against my instincts that say that lifetime VPN subscriptions are a bad idea and going for this... at this price if lasts more than 4 months it pays itself....

@mlnevese Yes, I agree as well! Two years ago I was like....Huhhhhh? No! Nope.... Then I saw a great deal that dropped the price down from $175 to $79.99 and I jumped on it. My subscription has long ago paid off for me. I'm happy and content with my purchase. Personally, I think Windscribe is one of the most secure VPNs given my comparison that I have done through various offers from many different security companies, and VPN providers. CISCO and Watchguard IPSec security solutions are great too. Non-commercial wise I say Windscribe is among the top tier. PIA, ExpressVPN, and NordVPN are the other great solutions. However, run a comparison test and you'll see Windscribe has a lot to offer security wise compared to these other companies (feature wise too).

I will add the fact that Windscribe is quite responsive to any and all of my questions that I send their way. Even for problems with VPNs not being allowed at certain places Windscribe provided me with a way around the VPN block that was made by one company (this happened a year ago). Typical turn around on all questions or concerns is 24 hours or less. Very fast in my opinion for a company this size. I had my requests go for 48+ hours before getting any answers from other VPN providers which will remain unnamed.

Last edited:
Reactions: mlnevese

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.