Not open for further replies.

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
I see they are only Trial versions but i would only use 1 Real-time AV or AM solution. You don't need Bitdefender and EAM at the same time. Your choice in which one you like better. Id definitely go with EAM. One of the best Behavioral Blockers in the industry plus it utilizes Bitdefender Signatures. EAM will just run lighter then Bitdefender anyway. If you choose EAM then you can remove the EEK from your On-demand scanners.

Frequently used System Utilities you could add CCleaner.

Other than that, nice config.

Reactions: Winizsol

Winizsol

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2017
Hello, good config but you need to have a backup system :)
And i'll remove adblock plus and add ublock origin.
Bye :)
Thank you. Which backup system would you recommend?

I see they are only Trial versions but i would only use 1 Real-time AV or AM solution. You don't need Bitdefender and EAM at the same time. Your choice in which one you like better. Id definitely go with EAM. One of the best Behavioral Blockers in the industry plus it utilizes Bitdefender Signatures. EAM will just run lighter then Bitdefender anyway. If you choose EAM then you can remove the EEK from your On-demand scanners.

Frequently used System Utilities you could add CCleaner.

Other than that, nice config.
Thank you, I'm a bit paranoid since I got infected by malware about two weeks ago. I know that EAM uses the BitDefender signatures too. I use both, becuase BitDefender Free have detected some kind of Softonic Bundler and EAM did not and my brother unfortunately always clicks yes, accept, or next. I will add CCleaner to the system utilities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: In2an3_PpG

Winizsol

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2017
Consider adding https everywhere on chrome :). If you want ZAM real time just type this key, it should work :ZEMANA-GIVEAWAY
Thanks, I will add HTTPS everywhere to Chrome. I do not want ZAM Real-time protection. Emsisoft AntiMalware and BitDefender Total Security is enough for me.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I always recommend to use one real time protection but Emsisoft as companion anti-malware can be used alongside your main AV, in this case Bitdefender. Check your firewall settings as Windows firewall should have been disabled by Bitdefender firewall.
Consider some junk cleaning software like CCleaner and backup your important data.

Thanks for sharing your configuration.

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
Thank you, I'm a bit paranoid since I got infected by malware about two weeks ago. I know that EAM uses the BitDefender signatures too. I use both, becuase BitDefender Free have detected some kind of Softonic Bundler and EAM did not and my brother unfortunately always clicks yes, accept, or next. I will add CCleaner to the system utilities.

Just create a new account for your brother and leave him as a standard user.

Winizsol

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2017
I always recommend to use one real time protection but Emsisoft as companion anti-malware can be used alongside your main AV, in this case Bitdefender. Check your firewall settings as Windows firewall should have been disabled by Bitdefender firewall.
Consider some junk cleaning software like CCleaner and backup your important data.

Thanks for sharing your configuration.
Thank you for the suggestion. I have checked the firewall settings, and it's disabled by BitDefender. I don't really know BitDefender, I've just switched from Avast to BitDefender. I have CCleaner and I have just installed a backup software by AOMEI Tech.

Just create a new account for your brother and leave him as a standard user.
OK, but the problem is that he knew the admin password. I have just changed it, so it will be a bit better.

Last edited:

In2an3_PpG

Level 18
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 15, 2016
OK, but the problem is that he knows the admin password. I have just changed it, so it will be a bit better.

Yeah just change it. If he wants to install something then he will need your approval first.

Winizsol

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2017
Sorry for my bad English and it's not the official language of my country.

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Since you have EAM I would consider a different on demand scanner for Emsisoft.Emsisoft also use Bitdefenders engine.
Although since you are on trials for both real time softwares making big changes is not necessary until you decide on what you want to use.
You might try ESET online scanner as an on demand option.
Personally I prefer Emsisoft Internet Security.I have not used Bitdefender long enough to comment on it other than trials in VM long ago.
Macrium Reflect and AOMEI Backupper both offer good free backup programs.
You might want to consider uBlock Origin in place of Adblock Plus.
Nice Config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Winizsol

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jan 19, 2017
Your english is fine as long as you can understand the basics and answer with simple words, relax :)
Thank you. :)

Since you have EAM I would consider a different on demand scanner for Emsisoft.Emsisoft also use Bitdefenders engine.
Although since you are on trials for both real time softwares making big changes is not necessary until you decide on what you want to use.
You might try ESET online scanner as an on demand option.
Personally I prefer Emsisoft Internet Security.I have not used Bitdefender long enough to comment on it other than trials in VM long ago.
Macrium Reflect and AOMEI Backupper both offer good free backup programs.
You might want to consider uBlock Origin in place of Adblock Plus.
Nice Config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)
Thank you, I have replaced ABP with uBlock Origin and I have started to use AOMEI Backupper and I have started to use ESET Online Scanner as an on-demand scanner.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.