Status
Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
One of the major complaints with the last versions of WinPatrol has been the option to automatically run WinPatrol on startup. We narrowed down the code where Windows 64 was redirecting the location used to auto run WinPatrol. The checkbox found in the Options tab will now maintain its status as it always has.
This "Automatically run WinPatrol..." option controls the small monitor component of WinPatrol that detects changes without slowing you down. Most people who had problems will be happy that Scotty will always on patrol again. Many others use the WinPatrol Explorer tabbed interface but have other programs they prefer as a heuristic monitor. This will work tor them as well

A number of XP users had reported problems which have been tracked down to the use of newer development tools. While our only XP machine won't accept the SP3 update our XP SP3 emulator is now much happier with this new version. I'll continue to work with any XP SP3 users who report problems.
I had also neglected special features available to Windows 64 bit XP users. This configuration is apparently more popular than our stats indicated.

My goal continues to try supporting every version of Windows available with a single code base. Next stop Windows 8!

Link

blues

Level 1
Apr 30, 2011
The one function I did test, "Kill task", is still not working with XP SP3.

Realize that this is not the primary use of WP but it would be nice to have full functionality again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.