Wintoys, a free Windows de-bloat app and optimizer

Captain Holly

Level 5
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jan 23, 2021
I ran across this on Google. It is a Windows specific de-bloater tool that can help optimize and streamline your Windows OS. It will also remove Windows apps that otherwise have no ability to uninstall. I tested it and that part really did work, I used it to remove the Xbox and Your Phone apps that were still left behind after I used Revo to remove Windows bloatware. I used the Wintoys uninstall function and both apps are long gone now.

Wintoys will also monitor your battery and other computer health aspects. It gives an easy way to turn on or off settings and remove apps/programs in Windows. There are a lot of other functions on it as well, and it seems pretty useful. The way the app looks and works reminds me a lot of the Defender UI app. You can get Wintoys for free in the MS Store. Has anyone else seen or tried it or had any luck with it?

C.H.

Auxulum

Jun 29, 2023
I recently discovered it and i've found things about windows that are new to me. I was brought here looking for a portable version of this app

Alexai

Level 3
Aug 12, 2023
I ran across this on Google. It is a Windows specific de-bloater tool that can help optimize and streamline your Windows OS. It will also remove Windows apps that otherwise have no ability to uninstall. I tested it and that part really did work, I used it to remove the Xbox and Your Phone apps that were still left behind after I used Revo to remove Windows bloatware. I used the Wintoys uninstall function and both apps are long gone now.

Wintoys will also monitor your battery and other computer health aspects. It gives an easy way to turn on or off settings and remove apps/programs in Windows. There are a lot of other functions on it as well, and it seems pretty useful. The way the app looks and works reminds me a lot of the Defender UI app. You can get Wintoys for free in the MS Store. Has anyone else seen or tried it or had any luck with it?

C.H.

I put wintoys on a vm, I've to test yet

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.