Solved Wireless keyboard won't work in Chrome?

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
My Logitech wireless keyboard stopped working in Chrome and Opera, well mostly stopped, some keys like spacebar and backspace work and the f-keys but everything works in Edge and other apps? P.S. The wireless mouse works fine on all browsers.

Last edited:

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
unplug and re plug the device restart the pc make sure your drivers or updated
Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter

1. Press Windows Key + R, type Control Panel.
  2. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar, click on Troubleshooting.
  3. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on Hardware and Devices.
  4. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the Troubleshooter.
Thank you, I just did this and it didn't show any problems.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
Upvote 0

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Do what techienerd1 suggested, but this time before you do remove the keyboard from device manager.
only reinsert the usb after the reboot and allow windows to do its thing.
If you have Ccleaner installed run it before you reboot, to remove any leftover drivers
For boot purposes you will need access to a corded or alternate keyboard to avoid
not being able to login if your PC is password protected.
Or you can remove the password protection before you restart, just reapply the password protection after you re-add the keyboard

Last edited:
Reactions: juhful
Upvote 0

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Do what techienerd1 suggested, but this time before you do remove the keyboard from device manager.
only reinsert the usb after the reboot and allow windows to do its thing.
If you have Ccleaner installed run it before you reboot, to remove any leftover drivers
For boot purposes you will need access to a corded or alternate keyboard to avoid
not being able to login if your PC is password protected.
Or you can remove the password protection before you restart, just reapply the password protection after you re-add the keyboard
The issue is the keyboard works to login, work in Edge and messengers, just does not work with chromium based browsers from what I'm seeing, thanks for the suggestions.

Upvote 0

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
I understand, what I think is happening is that the drivers are outdated or corrupt, a fresh install of the keyboard
will fix this. MS will add it back after the reboot and apply new drivers, even update them if any are available.
Good luck and keep us informed.
PeAcE
The issue is the keyboard works to login, work in Edge and messengers, just does not work with chromium based browsers from what I'm seeing, thanks for the suggestions.

Upvote 0

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Just realized even a wired usb keyboard does not work in chrome either. Unplugged everything, removed all the keyboards from device manager, restarted and plugged everything back in, drivers installed, no keyboards work in chrome?

Upvote 0

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Weird, Chrome getting rebellious ?
Thanks for the update. I dont use chrome so I'm at a loss.

Upvote 0

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
Solved! HitmanPro.Alert service is the problem, I did a clean boot and keyboard worked fine, I did a normal boot and went through all the non MS services and one at a time stopped them, tried chrome, then restarted the services, when I stopped HitmanPro.Alert service, keyboards work fine in all browsers. I will contact Surfright! Thanks for all the suggestions!

Reactions: shmu26
Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Solved! HitmanPro.Alert service is the problem, I did a clean boot and keyboard worked fine, I did a normal boot and went through all the non MS services and one at a time stopped them, tried chrome, then restarted the services, when I stopped HitmanPro.Alert service, keyboards work fine in all browsers. I will contact Surfright! Thanks for all the suggestions!
thanks, very interesting

Upvote 0

juhful

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
The final solution!!! There was a conflict with Zemana AntiLogger, turned off Identity Protection in ZAL and turn back on HitmanPro.Alert service and all is well:) didn't need to contact Surfright.

Reactions: shmu26
Upvote 0

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
The final solution!!! There was a conflict with Zemana AntiLogger, turned off Identity Protection in ZAL and turn back on HitmanPro.Alert service and all is well:) didn't need to contact Surfright.
it sounds to me like zemana and HMPA were both trying to encrypt your keyboard input at the same time. disable encrypt keyboard in one of them, and everything should be fine.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.