Advice Request Wireless mouse and keyboard

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I need to change my wired HP mouse and keyboard that came with my HP Desktop.
Only three products are available at retails stores

HP C2710 COMBO KEYBOARD (M7P30AA) ($45)​

LOGITECH MK270 WIRELESS KEYBOARD AND MOUSE COMBO ($30)

LOGITECH MK120 USB KEYBOARD AND MOUSE COMBO ($20)​

I mainly use this desktop for wrting research papers, so I am looking for a sleek and comfortable keyboard.

ZeePriest

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 2, 2020
Any specific reason?
I've used hp for a long time and I find them to be fantastic tbh. They're simple, comfortable to use and reliable. I've used logitech in the past but I found hp to be more comfortable to use. In the end, I think that it's all down to personal preference as both are two well known and reliable brands but again I'd go with hp.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
I've used hp for a long time and I find them to be fantastic tbh. They're simple, comfortable to use and reliable. I've used logitech in the past but I found hp to be more comfortable to use. In the end, I think that it's all down to personal preference as both are two well known and reliable brands but again I'd go with hp.
The HP ones that came with my Hp desktop are cheap (I think) and they keyboard is not comfortable. Thats why I need to change to sth better.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Is it possible to try them out yourself in a shop?
The Logitech has a light typing feeling and the HP is more heavy, more travel when typing.
It comes down to personal preference.
No it is not possible to try them unfortunately. The pricing is high here when you cmpare the prices with those of Amazon and eBay.
As I mentioned, the HP keyboard I have is not great and yes it is heavy as you mentioned. I believe I will go for logitech but will look for other products if available.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
No it is not possible to try them unfortunately. The pricing is high here when you cmpare the prices with those of Amazon and eBay.
As I mentioned, the HP keyboard I have is not great and yes it is heavy as you mentioned. I believe I will go for logitech but will look for other products if available.
My son has the K360 and I personally find it too light, but he really likes it.
So, again personal preference.

BigWrench

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 13, 2014

Logitech MK320 Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse Combo​

Have purchased 3 of them to replace the OEM stuff..... Have a 4th one still in the box waiting for this one (compaq) to finally fail.

Pick the Logitech!(y)

Last edited:

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019

Logitech MK320 Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse Combo​

Have purchased 3 of them to replace the OEM stuff..... Have a 4th one still in the box waiting for this one (compaq) to finally fail.

Pick the Logitech!(y)
Only two Logitech products are available, so should I pick the MK270?

Eggnog

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Mar 21, 2018
My keyboards and mouses (mice?) have been Logitech, wired and wireless. The only exception is a Microsoft mouse I use with one of my laptops. I've had absolutely no problem with any of them. I think you'll be fine with whatever you choose.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Do wired combos (keyboards and mice) function any better?
No, individual parts can be better, but can also be more expensive.
The main plus of a set is that you can use the same usb receiver for both.
Not all Logitech wireless keyboards and mice use their universal (unifying) receiver.
Don't know how that works with other manufacturers.
Worst case scenario you end up with two usb receivers utilizing two usb ports.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
My son has the K360 and I personally find it too light, but he really likes it.
Indeed, I have K360 and it is very light, quiet (low profile keys) and small compared to K340 I had before. Not polished version feels better (touch) and it does not get dirty.

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    298.6 KB · Views: 425
  • s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 431

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.