Wisdom config

Wisdom

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2012
Also I'm using sandboxie for my browsers and Comodo sDNS & Comodo Cleaning Essentials + KillSwitch + Autoruns & Kaspersky TDSSKiller & Windows Image Backup

Wisdom

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2012
Hi McLovin, thanks for your attention. I like Paragon, But I use it only sometimes.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Have you ever needed to use Comodo Cleaning Essentials or Kaspersky TDSSKiller on your current set-up?

Do you know if Dragon uses the same Malware / Phishing protection lists as Chrome?

Malware Maniac

Level 1
May 14, 2012
Imran said:
You can add Hitman Pro as On-Demand Scanner ;)

HMP in my opinion is not all that good.

I would recommend Emsisoft Antimalware or SUPER Antispyware as an on demand scanner.

Wisdom

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2012
Earth said:
1-Have you ever needed to use Comodo Cleaning Essentials or Kaspersky TDSSKiller on your current set-up?

2-Do you know if Dragon uses the same Malware / Phishing protection lists as Chrome?

1-I totally rely on HIPS, I believe prevention is better than cure, so HIPS is a good solution.
2-I think that Dragon and Chrome uses different protection lists.
Imran said:
You can add Hitman Pro as On-Demand Scanner ;)

Yeah, it's very good.

[/quote]

HMP in my opinion is not all that good.

I would recommend Emsisoft Antimalware or SUPER Antispyware as an on demand scanner.
[/quote]

Emsisoft Anti Malware has a lot of false positives, with high size daily updates.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
HMP does to well as on demand scanner, since it combines with multiple engines including Emsisoft. Also focuses on nasty like rootkits with variant of TDL3, TDSS and etc.

D

Deleted member 178

HMP does very well, it is a must have, it is even better than MBAM to me.

P

Plexx

Consider adding a HDD defrag: Puran Defrag is a good choice and is free.
I prefer Paragon Backup & Recovery as a Backup solution, but thats my personal preference.

Other than that, decent config.

D

Deleted member 178

biozfear said:
Consider adding a HDD defrag: Puran Defrag is a good choice and is free.

I agree

I prefer Paragon Backup & Recovery as a Backup solution, but thats my personal preference.

Advantage of Windows backup is that you can launch it from the Windows repair boot menu, the cons is that the image is very big.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
shalnark11 said:
add superantispyware as on-demand scanner

Could you explain a reason?

Have you tried SAS lately, it doesn't perform as well as MBAM or other on-demand scanners, such as HitmanPro.

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:
shalnark11 said:
add superantispyware as on-demand scanner

Could you explain a reason?

Have you tried SAS lately, it doesn't perform as well as MBAM or other on-demand scanners, such as HitmanPro.

+1 with Earth, i said the same in another of his advice's replies, it seems that he like that software, so he naturally recommend it. :D

I

illumination

Config looks good. Why did you choose to disable the sandbox in CIS?

Wisdom

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2012
thewolfsmith72 said:
Config looks good. Why did you choose to disable the sandbox in CIS?

In fact autosandbox in CIS is a auto HIPS, and I think it has been designed for beginner users and It's useful for beginner users.
Also, I have some malware that can bypass the sandbox but can not bypass the HIPS.

----
I believe Hitman Pro is much better than SAS, don't doubt. Also a new product from SurfRight has been released, hitman pro.alert(It's a beta version)

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Wisdom said:
In fact autosandbox in CIS is a auto HIPS,

No it's not. It's an access rights restriction style sandbox. (Like the Chrome sandbox)

It does help to reduce the number of alerts that a user may see because unrecognized applications are merely sandboxed instead of triggering an alert from Defense+, but it is not an auto HIPS. (Whatever that may be...)

Wisdom said:
Also, I have some malware that can bypass the sandbox but can not bypass the HIPS.

Submit it to Comodo. Comodo Malware Analysis

Wisdom

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2012
HeffeD said:
No it's not. It's an access rights restriction style sandbox. (Like the Chrome sandbox)

Hi Heffed,

Yeah, It's an access rights restriction, but sometimes these restrictions is not enough. Some malwares must be entirely block.

It does help to reduce the number of alerts that a user may see

Exactly, users don't see them, and these alerts will be block, and therefore I say it's very very similar to auto HIPS.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 178

Wisdom said:
Yeah, It's an access rights restriction, but sometimes these restrictions is not enough. Some malwares must be entirely block.

So set the execution control of the sandbox to ''Block''

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.