Wisdom config

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Wisdom said:
Exactly, users don't see them, and these alerts will be block, and therefore I say it's very very similar to auto HIPS.

No, it reduces the number of alerts by sandboxing unknown applications instead of giving the user an alert asking them what they want to do about it.

It isn't merely not showing the alerts and blocking the action. (Although as Umbrapolaris pointed out, you can set the sandbox to block all unrecognized applications)

Instead of the alert, the application is run in the sandbox and is given the access rights level that the user has selected.

So instead of an 'auto HIPS', (again, whatever that may be...) it's more of an, 'auto user-selectable access restrictor'. :D

Wisdom

Level 1
Thread author
May 25, 2012
umbrapolaris said:
So set the execution control of the sandbox to ''Block''

Yes, this is what I have in my mind, but sandbox on the "Blocked" is not User Friendly:sleepy:

HeffeD said:
So instead of an 'auto HIPS', (again, whatever that may be...) it's more of an, 'auto user-selectable access restrictor'. :D

I agree and disagree,
In fact I see it (AutoSandbox) as this mode:
Auto HIPS on: Partially Limited
Auto HIPS on: Limited
Auto HIPS on: Restricted
Auto HIPS on: Untrusted
Auto HIPS on: Blocked
:rolleyes:

umbrapolaris said:
that is quite a name :D

:D:D:D

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Surely any sandboxed application should be isolated from the main system (like SBIE). I never understood the Sandbox settings in Comodo, or what they mean.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Earth said:
Surely any sandboxed application should be isolated from the main system (like SBIE).

That all depends on what sort of sandbox it is...

The auto sandbox in CIS is an access restriction sandbox, (like Chrome's, which is technically a Rule-Based Execution, type sandbox) the manual sandbox is fully virtualized.

Earth said:
I never understood the Sandbox settings in Comodo, or what they mean.

There is a link to the help file at the bottom of every settings window. If you don't know what something means, just click the link.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.