Wise Cleaner reliability

Would you trust WiseCleaner after reading the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
A long time ago, I was searching for a good cleaner for Windows, and saw that many members here used WiseDisk Cleaner. I have been using it for a long time since then and as far as it's usage is concerned, it seems ok.
One day, some months ago, I downloaded an updated version from the official site, and Windows Defender identified it as a malicious (don't remember exactly what the detection was). I believed it was a false positive, but I updated the program when the next version was released just to be sure. All the other times before and after this incident, Windows defender detected nothing.
Today, i remembered all this and did an online check of their homepage. There have been some bad reports about them. Here is the report from virustotal and here the report from quttera. I don't like shady companies when it has to do with me, so I removed the program and I don't plan to use it again. Just to be sure.

I 'd like to hear your opinions on this matter. :)

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
one bad notation from who? quttera (what is that, never heard before...) ? over more than 50 including very reputed vendors like Emsisoft and co , and you say it is shady ? :rolleyes:
Maybe you re right. And the rest of you who replied to me too. All this evidence I described just made me suspicious. If I have a good memory, you are/was a user of this program :D

D

Deleted member 178

Maybe you re right. And the rest of you who replied to me too. All this evidence I described just made me suspicious. If I have a good memory, you are/was a user of this program :D

yes i use it, but CCleaner is my main cleaning app; i don't see any evidences from your link, just one vendor, quttera saying it is malicious, that vendor look more shady than Wisecare btw :D

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
yes i use it, but CCleaner is my main cleaning app; i don't see any evidences from your link, just one vendor, quttera saying it is malicious, that vendor look more shady than Wisecare btw :D
Exactly, now I don't have to point that out :p
But to be honest I own a lifetime to WinUtilities from YL Computing, but I have used WiseCare in the past and liked it.

Last edited:

Nikos751

Level 20
Thread author
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
So you say the detection from Windows Defender was just a false positive (and not a packed adware or sth worse) and the negative votes in VT are not an issue too. These were the rest. Not significant one by one, but the whole thing gave me a bad vibe.

Y

yigido

I have Wise Disk Cleaner and Wise Registery Cleaner (portables) on my USB.
I love the softwares and I rarely use them. I do not think they are malicious or shady. I cannot say you that "Trust them" it is up to you :)
@BoraMurdar friend did a test with cleaner softwares and Wise did great job on that test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.