Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Homepage : Wise Program Uninstaller
Wise Program Uninstaller is able to remove your software by safe uninstall. And it can repair the programs of Windows Office, Adobe etc. This freeware is better than similar programs at uninstalling stubborn and broken programs by force uninstall. Besides, the program search function is supported.

Download : Portable (Click 'Portable' under Download button).

Program Updates : Changelog

Latest: Mar. 13, 2013 - v1.24

Wise Program Uninstaller keeps on its improvements, and the newly released notes are as follows:

Changes:
  • Fixed a bug in XP 64bit.
  • Enhanced the function of cleaning up the residual entries related to an uninstalled program.
  • Newly supported Swedish and Slovenian language.
  • Other minor improvement.

UDghJAD.png

Edit : Updated product from BETA to Stable release info.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Can anyone test this against IObit Uninstaller for a program installed in the C:\Program Files\* on Windows 7 64-bit?

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
I use Comodo Program Manager in windows 7 64bit as Revo Uninstaller free doesn't support 64bit OS....i had used Iobit uninstaller before in 32 bit OS but i didn't like it because it doesn't find most of the leftover of uninstalled programs....

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
IObit Uninstaller works well on 64-bit, added bonus of being completely portable unlike CPM, and no support-ware crap that comes with Comodo software.

To find left-overs use Search Everything and CCleaner. I found IObit to work better than Revo (plus no extra crap).

I wonder how Wise Program Uninstaller compares, I don't have a spare 64-bit VM to test it on.

videoman47

Apr 10, 2013
Earth said:
Can anyone test this against IObit Uninstaller for a program installed in the C:\Program Files\* on Windows 7 64-bit?

Yes, Wise does a slightly better job than Iobit does when using 'Forced Uninstall.' Some antivirus programs leave hairs behind with Iobit, where Wise cleans up more traces without removing too much.

I exmained the Registry closely, and Wise does an excellent job under Windows 7 64 bit. I am using a AMD X6 processor, so it works with AMD too without any hickups I can find.

Iobit System Care Pro uninstaller is a good one for most software. For the harder ones, WiseCare.

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Edit: Update first post with Portable locations.

I shall try this out.

Update: I performed a Safe Uninstall on Google Talk and there was 65 files unrelated to be removed. :s

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
After removing IObit Uninstaller 3.2, I tried a few uninstaller software in the VM.

- Revo Uninstaller Portable (Free/Paid)
- GeekUninstaller Portable (Free/Paid) - Features otherwise free are not available in the Free version.
- Puran Uninstaller
- Advanced Uninstaller Pro - Too many options and unpleasant UI.

IObit Uninstaller v2 was great, but unfortunately version 3 was terrible. Not portable, silent installation, background services, promotes other IObit software, context menu "IObit Uninstaller" is hard to remove. Overall it became bloated and had to be removed from my PC.

Wise Program Uninstaller met my requirements, and now I use the free portable version. :)

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Speaking of IObit Uninstaller, the LiveUpdate.exe didn't get removed from the Services. :rolleyes:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
After removing IObit Uninstaller 3.2, I tried a few uninstaller software in the VM.

- Revo Uninstaller Portable (Free/Paid)
- GeekUninstaller Portable (Free/Paid) - Features otherwise free are not available in the Free version.
- Puran Uninstaller
- Advanced Uninstaller Pro - Too many options and unpleasant UI.

IObit Uninstaller v2 was great, but unfortunately version 3 was terrible. Not portable, silent installation, background services, promotes other IObit software, context menu "IObit Uninstaller" is hard to remove. Overall it became bloated and had to be removed from my PC.

Wise Program Uninstaller met my requirements, and now I use the free portable version. :)

IObit Uninstaller portable version is back by request- http://www.softpedia.com/get/PORTAB...Enhancements/IObit-Uninstaller-Portable.shtml

Wise Program Uninstaller in my opinion does just as good as IObit Uninstaller it is just a matter of preferences.

Enjoy!! :D

Ink

Administrator
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
That's a PortableApps version, signed by someone else and not the latest version. V3.2.0.128
upload_2014-5-25_20-36-50.png

Original version, by IObit. Latest version 3.3.8.2663
upload_2014-5-25_20-39-29.png

Reactions: Terry Ganzi
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.