Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

Xjoker

Level 1
Feb 19, 2020
@WiseVector

I have already sent you the false positive a few days ago but WV still detects it as malware. Can you please fix it?

Καταγραφή.JPG

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Well after I reset enable advanced... the dashboard is reporting, You're Protected and it's been several hours, so since the logs are empty, I'll leave it as is. If it happens again, I'll let you know.
PS. v2.6 sounding very interesting. looking forward the release. Wonder if memory feature will conflict with Voodooshield / WhiteListCloud??
Hi,
No conflict with Voodooshield / WhiteListCloud.:)

Regards,
WiseVector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
So you are giving it away for free, how is that possible and why do you do it?
We aim at detect and eradicate malware. Just for fun!;)

Just kidding:)
Actrually, the priority for us is ensuring WiseVector StopX is useful and it's worth to be paid at present.
We plan to release a paid version after V2.6. Hope you are still intrested in WiseVector StopX after then.

Regards,
WiseVector

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
@pxxb1 Why initially free? --> Artificial Intellgence / Machine learning needs data. Users of free product provide that data . Data is needed to make AI/ML accurate (able to qualify variants of malware as 'looks like known good or bad' pattern).

The knowledge engineers of Wisevector will give the 'green light' when profile delta of new samples to nearest good or bad pattern drops below a certain value. When they hit that mark the AI/ML is trained meaning ?? percent of samples are classified with ?? certainty as probably good or bad.

This will probably also be the moment their product becomes a paid product.

It is a smart approach, because people installing new software out of curiosity have a higher 'risk profile' than ordinary PC users. So when Wisevector AI/ML models show solid performance (in terms of recognizing good and bad new samples), it is likely Wisevector will even perform better for average PC users.

Last edited:

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
We aim at detect and eradicate malware. Just for fun!;)

Just kidding:)
Actrually, the priority for us is ensuring WiseVector StopX is useful and it's worth to be paid at present.
We plan to release a paid version after V2.6. Hope you are still intrested in WiseVector StopX after then.

Regards,
WiseVector

So you will have a paid and a free version in the future if i got you right, what will be the differences between them and the probable price?

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@pxxb1 Why initially free? --> Artificial Intellgence / Machine learning needs data. Users of free product provide that data . Data is needed to make AI/ML accurate (able to qualify variants of malware as 'looks like known good or bad' pattern).

The knowledge engineers of Wisevector will give the 'green light' when profile delta of new samples to nearest good or bad pattern drops below a certain value. When they hit that mark the AI/ML is trained meaning ?? percent of samples are classified with ?? certainty as probably good or bad.

This will probably also be the moment their product becomes a paid product.

It is a smart approach, because people installing new software out of curiosity have a higher 'risk profile' than ordinary PC users. So when Wisevector AI/ML models show solid performance (in terms of recognizing good and bad new samples), it is likely Wisevector will even perform better for average PC users.
Hi,

What you have posted looks very reasonable. However, we don't collect users' data unless users enabled “Help fight malware by providing threat statics” option in WiseVector StopX. You can check more details through our web: 智量终端安全隐私条款 | 智量. WiseVector StopX is one of the AV that collects the least data from users.:)
After we think WiseVector StopX is good enough, the paid version will be released. That's why initially free.

Regards,
WiseVector

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
So you will have a paid and a free version in the future if i got you right, what will be the differences between them and the probable price?
Yes, we will have a paid and a free version in the future. Generally speaking, the paid version will have more features than the free one, but it not yet priced. Anyway, we will make a good deal price.;)

cosmos

Level 1
Feb 7, 2020
Thanks for the clarification. I've run into some quirks, like receiving errors during installation of Adobe Reader and Acronis Drive Monitor. Uninstalling wisevector solved the issues. Not good first impressions here.

I think I'll stay clear for the time being, will re-examine later.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Thanks for the clarification. I've run into some quirks, like receiving errors during installation of Adobe Reader and Acronis Drive Monitor. Uninstalling wisevector solved the issues. Not good first impressions here.

I think I'll stay clear for the time being, will re-examine later.
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.
I have sent a message to you.Please check.

Regards,
WiseVector

codswollip

Level 23
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 29, 2017

---

So you have not decided yet, either, the difference in features of the free versus paid version?
LOL, Aren't we getting a bit ahead of the game here? This product is under development. Let WV do their work.

Lenny_Fox

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 1, 2019
Hi,

What you have posted looks very reasonable. However, we don't collect users' data unless users enabled “Help fight malware by providing threat statics” option in WiseVector StopX. You can check more details through our web: 智量终端安全隐私条款 | 智量. WiseVector StopX is one of the AV that collects the least data from users.:)
After we think WiseVector StopX is good enough, the paid version will be released. That's why initially free.

Regards,
WiseVector
Sorry with user data I meant "collecting data of programs executing on the users PC's." An artificial intelligence engine needs data to determine a program looks like good or bad. WiseVector probably sends these program data points (characteristics) to the cloud. I was not referring to 'personal information' like IP-address et cetera as you mentioned in your privacy policy when users agree to send threat statistics.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.