Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
So to be clear, v2.73 will be maintained with continued updates as the Free version, and v3.0 will be available as the Paid version?

Or v3.0, once stable will REPLACE v2.73 in two forms Free and Paid?
Hi,

Please disable "Automatically download and install program updates", if you want to keep using v2.73 for free.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Installed 3.0 and all my network PCs are no longer visible under File Explorer's "Networks" ... If I uncheck all protections, this continues. Only when I "exit" and refresh the view do the network devices appear. Nothing under logs.

ZdfpRiz.png

Why?

EDIT... Maybe unrelated, but I have an rclone task that syncs with one of the "missing" networked PCs. Since installing WV with default settings, the rsync task initiates, but never transfers/completes. Without logs to pinpoint the issue, I've uninstalled WV3. Rclone task now transfers/completes. Maybe another time.
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback!
Please check the rule that whether rsync is stopped by WV.

Last edited:

AXYZE

Level 1
Feb 9, 2020
You are welcome. Please find below what I´ve observed.

1. The virtual machine initially starts normally with the default settings of WVSX after installation. I have not made any changes.

2. After a few minutes I can still move the mouse, but otherwise nothing works. I can't start any applications and I can't change anything in the configuration of WVSX.

3. After a rollback of the VM (without WVSX) everything works fine again.

4. I have tested it with two VMs and in both VMs the same behavior can be observed.

Test environment: Windows 10 Pro evaluation, VMware Workstation 16.x
I have EXACT same problem on my main PC with version 2.73, but its rare. PC "freezes" - I can click everything, mouse is moving but nothing new is opening. Chrome cant reload pages, task manager doesnt turn on - its like theres no communication with my disk. To fix this problem I need to turn off WVSX via tray icon and then pc is alive again. Last time I got this problem was yesterday when my PC was on for like 10h.

Reactions: Nevi

GakunGak

Level 1
Jul 4, 2011
@WiseVector I love the beta so far. Slightly heavier than usual, but feels very powerful.
Love the maximum security option on both hips and firewall, lots of detailed and useful information.
I have several questions:

1: Price range, price options? Any consideration for "freemium" [premium/paid options available to those who want but cannot pay, like ads or referral/recommendations]? Lifetime license offer?
2: Sandbox for manual/automatic analysis of unknown files? Would be nice to have a window with generated report in realtime [process is dropping files in (location), process is running but no GUI, process is modifying registry keys, process is scanning usual documents/files location, process is changing extension of files, process will persist post reboot, process is trying to download files from (server location)], etc...? To generate realtime report and risk score based on suspicious actions...
3: VirusTotal score on both HIPS and Firewall dialog prompt with link to result?
4: Task manager with mass auto kill of all processes which are suspicious, infected, not signed and not Microsoft, useful for cleaning an infected system?
5: Option in the installer, to choose [INFECTED mode], which will set lockdown mode for all processes, scan and clean all malicious files, reboot and set normal mode for a machine.

Vitali Ortzi

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 12, 2016
@WiseVector I love the beta so far. Slightly heavier than usual, but feels very powerful.
Love the maximum security option on both hips and firewall, lots of detailed and useful information.
I have several questions:

1: Price range, price options? Any consideration for "freemium" [premium/paid options available to those who want but cannot pay, like ads or referral/recommendations]? Lifetime license offer?
2: Sandbox for manual/automatic analysis of unknown files? Would be nice to have a window with generated report in realtime [process is dropping files in (location), process is running but no GUI, process is modifying registry keys, process is scanning usual documents/files location, process is changing extension of files, process will persist post reboot, process is trying to download files from (server location)], etc...? To generate realtime report and risk score based on suspicious actions...
3: VirusTotal score on both HIPS and Firewall dialog prompt with link to result?
4: Task manager with mass auto kill of all processes which are suspicious, infected, not signed and not Microsoft, useful for cleaning an infected system?
5: Option in the installer, to choose [INFECTED mode], which will set lockdown mode for all processes, scan and clean all malicious files, reboot and set normal mode for a machine.
I don’t need adware in a security software thanks
Norton already done enough putting a crypto miner in their paid av

GakunGak

Level 1
Jul 4, 2011
I don’t need adware in a security software thanks
Norton already done enough putting a crypto miner in their paid av
Can very easily be resolved with an option button:

(0) Enable only free features, disable paid options

(0) Enable Freemium mode. Enable free and paid features with support of the ads/referral program to generate premium monthly points

(0) Premium mode only. Enable premium features with valid license information.

Having a choice to choose personal preference never hurt anyone.

I use free cloud storage and increase the limits daily by watching videos, playing games etc. Dragoo cloud storage is a good example. Free 100GB, but you can increase the limits for free with their ads support program. The limits increase from several hundred megabytes to few gigabytes per day. Same can be used here as well.

Reactions: peterfat11

peterfat11

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
Can very easily be resolved with an option button:

(0) Enable only free features, disable paid options

(0) Enable Freemium mode. Enable free and paid features with support of the ads/referral program to generate premium monthly points

(0) Premium mode only. Enable premium features with valid license information.

Having a choice to choose personal preference never hurt anyone.

I use free cloud storage and increase the limits daily by watching videos, playing games etc. Dragoo cloud storage is a good example. Free 100GB, but you can increase the limits for free with their ads support program. The limits increase from several hundred megabytes to few gigabytes per day. Same can be used here as well.
agreed

Reactions: GakunGak

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.