malc0de.png
    218.1 KB · Views: 2,921

Thirio

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
Nice keep us updated and let us know how it goes. This company makes some pretty bold statements on their website.

"We have reason to believe that we will become one of the most professional anti-hacking and anti-malware companies in China and the world in the next few years. "

And the part about identifying more and more unknown viruses over time is pretty riveting tbh.

Mahesh Sudula

Level 17
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 3, 2017
I tried it this morning > Installation around 46 MB. English translation is un- patchy and Raw.
But it picked up all the vx vault samples from yesterday's with a same signature Heur.MAL.Pe. Reaction is so fast that i cannot even resume again. Quite good !

kev216

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 6, 2014
Why does all those chinese software have the same UI? Qihoo, Kingsoft, Baidu and others also have that little shirt icon to change the theme for example. The colors and overall look also feels the same.
The detection seems to be decent, but the things written on the site are nice marketing sentences. Translations are also in alpha phase it seems.
Might be intersting for asian users, but I don't see much reasons to use this if you are not in China.

Thirio

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
Although the GUI isn't finished yet the protection still functions. Not a big deal since there aren't any settings to tweak. No English version yet is understandable since it was released only this summer. What are your thoughts on the protection of Wisevector? That is the most important aspect of a security product.

Thirio

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Mar 3, 2017
I still have it testing here, its detection of .exe files is really impresive, BUT it can't manage .doc .xls or scripts (in general)... on the other hand, has also sometimes false positives, for instead, flagging legit applications as PUP.generic...
Can confirm the false positive thing. I had rollback rx setup files in my downloads folder and it detected those as malicious with the heuristics. I only briefly tested it against the first page of malc0de and it caught every .exe sample pre-execution which surprised me, so I shared it with MT to investigate :LOL:

Der.Reisende

Level 45
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Dec 27, 2014
https://malwaretips.com/threads/mixed-threats-20-07-12-2018.88457/
13/20 (left over only PDF files and .js / .vbs scriptors)
1544195795826.png
Unfortunately, I do not have the time to test the pack now. Will give a short feedback on the remaining samples.

__faktura_5229.vbs (wscript.exe) running in memory without Autorun, calling out.
DOC_RFQref201806121014.vbs successfully intercepted by TCPM BB (many BB alerts, blocking also AutoRuns).
Lloyds_Transaction_Log.vbs and Metrix.vbs did not run.
The two PDF were missed.

Not clean after reboot.
update.pngstatic.pngrun1.pngrun1_1.pngrun2.pngrun2_2.pngrun3.pngrun4.pngTCP_PE.pngautorun.pngfiles.png2o.png

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.