Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

minhgi

Level 2
Verified
Mar 10, 2017
Hi,
We installed KIS 21.3.10.391 and enable the system watcher in Windows 10. WiseVector StopX is V3.03.
Reboot several times. But not reproduce the issue you have encountered.
Can you please tell what versions of KIS and WVSX you are using? And what is your OS?
I have figured what have went wrong. Recently did windows 11 upgrade from win10 and seem to have cause unknown problem with wsx and KIs. Fresh installed of windows 11 and both kaspersky and wisevector working properly now. There always the odd of some leftover setting must have cause the issue.. Thanks for the follow up.

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Hello,

Do you mean by there are some FPs? If yes, please send the files to virus@wisevector.com, we will analyze them one by one.
How does the white/black listing works on your side? Its the ai that decides what happens to false positive send by users manually?

I dont think many people will bother report them manually throught the email, only developers of software that are contionously getting blakclisted by wisevector

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
How does the white/black listing works on your side? Its the ai that decides what happens to false positive send by users manually?

I dont think many people will bother report them manually throught the email, only developers of software that are contionously getting blakclisted by wisevector
Hi,
Usually false positives or missed samples will be resolved within 24 hours. AI will assist the technicians to analyze and process.
If the suspected false positive doesn't be resolved soon, the reason could be:1) the files are failed ( Network problems or files larger than 20M ) to upload via WiseVector StopX; 2) it's not a FP.
So I think it is necessary to send these files again by email if the user is willing to.

Xjoker

Level 1
Feb 19, 2020
Hi @WiseVector, can you please comment on this statement from ESET Security forum

Καταγραφή.PNG

Nightwalker

Level 24
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 26, 2014
Hi @WiseVector, can you please comment on this statement from ESET Security forum

View attachment 263511

Why do you think his opinion is relevant?

1 - WHQL certification doesnt mean much, WiseVector isnt certified yet because that costs money (a lot of it), what we are losing is Windows Security Center integration, anyway even malware can become certified:

2 - Whats the problem with Python (assuming he is correct and not wrongly assuming via Anyrun report) ? A nice crafted software isnt related to its language; Rust for example is a pretty safe one and highly regarded by the community, but it doesnt mean that all software needs to be made with Rust in mind and most important, it doesnt mean that a security software will run any better in it.

3 - About anyrun.com, is he implying that WiseVector is performing malicious activity? It is normal for security solutions to have this kind of "false positive" in a sandbox detonation environment considering how much access to system those kind of tools need, fear mongering at its finest. Dont believe it? Try it with any solution, from ESET to Kaspersky and see for yourself.

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector

Hi

I have installed WVSX to try it out, but tell me, what does the "Firewall" do?

2 thing i reacted to immediately was the absence of a help file and a button to your home site.

When will you be needing translation to other languages?
Hi,

1. The Firewall is AI based, detecting the network connection is safe or not. There is a pop-up if the AI can't identify the connection is safe or not, so the user will be prompted to allow or deny it. There will be a very few pop-ups, when WVSX is working with the default settings.
2. Here to know more about the Firewall.

Not now, I will let you know once we need. Thanks!

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018

View attachment 263511
Hi,

We just tested with ESET ( the latest version: 15.0.18.0 and the latest database), it did't detect WVSX as malicious.
WVSX has been released for 4 years, working well with many security software. It is enough to prove the safety of WVSX.
Yes, WVSX is written in a few of Python, but also a lot of C++. And I have the same question as Nightwalker. What's the problem with Python?

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
@WiseVector

I just upgraded from v2.73 to v3.03

Your FW and HIPS talked about whitelisted programs. Where's this list of whitelisted programs? In your cloud server or in WiseVector StopX program itself that I can see? Of course Windows OS programs/services would be whitelisted by default unless the user wants to block some of them.

I see there's no Learning Mode in your FW/HIPS to allow user to whitelist installed 3rd-party programs

Thanks

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
What's the problem with Python?
I can understand some being nervous about it, as with Python (or Go) one can craft interesting thingies that are often ignored by many AM products (my cat's favorite read was Violent Python). However as Python is much more often used for High and Noble Purposes, no fault should be placed on the language itself but instead on the abuser (bad, bad Ophelia).

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
@WiseVector

I just upgraded from v2.73 to v3.03

Your FW and HIPS talked about whitelisted programs. Where's this list of whitelisted programs? In your cloud server or in WiseVector StopX program itself that I can see? Of course Windows OS programs/services would be whitelisted by default unless the user wants to block some of them.

I see there's no Learning Mode in your FW/HIPS to allow user to whitelist installed 3rd-party programs

Thanks
The whitelists are stored locally and users will get whitelists continuously by updating.
AI will do the judgment automatically with the default mode. The learning mode is not safe if the computer itself has been already infected before installing WVSX . So we don't have learning mode at present.

Last edited:

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I can understand some being nervous about it, as with Python (or Go) one can craft interesting thingies that are often ignored by many AM products (my cat's favorite read was Violent Python). However as Python is much more often used for High and Noble Purposes, no fault should be placed on the language itself but instead on the abuser (bad, bad Ophelia).
Hi,
Actually, it is a few of Cython but not Python. So there would be no performance and security issue. Thanks!

Last edited:

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
The whitelists are stored locally and users will get whitelists continuously by updating.
AI will do the judgment automatically with the default mode. The learning mode is not safe if the computer itself has been already infected before installing WVSX . So we don't have learning mode at present.
I went to WiseVector in Program Files (x86) but couldn't find the whitelist file. Is it accessible by the user?

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

It has been a long time since I have tried this software and an trying it again today. WiseVector has come a long way since I last used it. I am really liking the HIPS And Firewall. Kudos to the Dev. You should get your own listing under Software Security as far as I am concerned. (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.