Deprecated WiseVector Free AI Driven Security

pxxb1

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 17, 2018
Hi,

1. The Firewall is AI based, detecting the network connection is safe or not. There is a pop-up if the AI can't identify the connection is safe or not, so the user will be prompted to allow or deny it. There will be a very few pop-ups, when WVSX is working with the default settings.
2. Here to know more about the Firewall.

Not now, I will let you know once we need. Thanks!

I see, thanks.

But i still miss a button for, at least, the home site. The possibility to reach a home site should be in the easiest way possible, hence from within the program.

The rule based modes, how and where do one do them?

Last edited:

cruelsister

Level 42
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 13, 2013
As WVSX has had the 3.03 version released and out of Beta, I've been using the 3.03 version at default + CF for the past 2 weeks. As with 2.73, there has been no apparent issues and the pair continue working seamlessly together.

However for those not using either CF (poor souls) or another outbound alerting Firewall I strongly suggest that the "Automatic Mode" setting for the Firewall not be used, but instead heighten it to at least the "High Security", or Max Security if you don't mind popups. I make these suggestions because some Scriptors are hard to detect.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
As WVSX has had the 3.03 version released and out of Beta, I've been using the 3.03 version at default + CF for the past 2 weeks. As with 2.73, there has been no apparent issues and the pair continue working seamlessly together.

However for those not using either CF (poor souls) or another outbound alerting Firewall I strongly suggest that the "Automatic Mode" setting for the Firewall not be used, but instead heighten it to at least the "High Security", or Max Security if you don't mind popups. I make these suggestions because some Scriptors are hard to detect.
Hi,

Can you please tell me what type of Scriptors are hard to detect? We can adjust the Automatic Mode. Thanks.

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
I see, thanks.

But i still miss a button for, at least, the home site. The possibility to reach a home site should be in the easiest way possible, hence from within the program.

The rule based modes, how and where do one do them?
Hi,

We will add the button. Thanks for your advice.
If the rule based mode is enabled, users need to set the rules first.
Please follow the steps to set the rules: right click WVSX icon on the toolbar->click Actions->click Rules->click Add

Moonhorse

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 29, 2018
Is there any eta for security center registration, during 2022? ( sorry its very frustrating guestion i know)

I use MD + CF + WVF for now

Security center registration would be one of the biggest thing to happen for your product

I understand geeks who can just disable MD and run Wisevector as standalone, but as im not a geek im running another antivirus along it until security center registration (y)

Btw love for the website updates, it looks pretty cool

WiseVector

From WiseVector
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Dec 14, 2018
Is there any eta for security center registration, during 2022? ( sorry its very frustrating guestion i know)

I use MD + CF + WVF for now

Security center registration would be one of the biggest thing to happen for your product

I understand geeks who can just disable MD and run Wisevector as standalone, but as im not a geek im running another antivirus along it until security center registration (y)

Btw love for the website updates, it looks pretty cool
Thanks! The web designer must be very happy to see your post.
We planed to get WVSX rigestered in the end of last year, but there were some disruptions during the process. It will be finished in 2022!

F

ForgottenSeer 92963

I am not only a poor lost soul, but also convinced that I don't need an outbound alerting firewall. For home use outbound firewall protection is like protection against spyware. When you need it, you are to late, because the system is already infected. Better block the scriptors. ;):cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 92963

Hi,

Can you please tell me what type of Scriptors are hard to detect? We can adjust the Automatic Mode. Thanks.
@cruelsister works in IT-security as a (free-lance) professional, so when she has found a new way of misusing the usual suspects (link), I doubt whether she would give it away, because of PR value to publish it yourself as a white-hat. You could always ask her to work for you :) I remember how she roasted malwarebytes anti-ransomware protection over and over again with some home brewed scriptors.

F

ForgottenSeer 92963

Hi,

Do you have a look at the "other Microsoft Binaries" executables and pay special attention to the ones with download and execute capabilities see LOLBAS

Two examples Squirrel and Appvlp

Squirrel.exe is part of Microsoft Teams and is intended to update (a part) of Microsoft teams, but it has generic download and limited execute capabilities or
Appvlp.exe which is part of Microsoft Office can execute stuff and the beauty of most of the "other Microsoft Binaries" is all their all M$ signed and run with standard user rights.

1642365360849.png

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.