Malware Hub Report WiseVector StopX - January 2020 Report

Disclaimer
  1. This test shows how an antivirus behaves with certain threats, in a specific environment and under certain conditions.
    We encourage you to compare these results with others and take informed decisions on what security products to use.
    Before buying an antivirus you should consider factors such as price, ease of use, compatibility, and support. Installing a free trial version allows an antivirus to be tested in everyday use before purchase.

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Hum I can't remember getting those warnings, except when I added some user folders to protected folders in deception-based module :unsure: which works similiar to also known "Protected Folders" feature in other antivirus products...

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Hum I can't remember getting those warnings, except when I added some user folders to protected folders in deception-based module :unsure: which works similiar to also known "Protected Folders" feature in other antivirus products...

I'm referring to its document protection module, which is separate from deception module - right?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
@harlan4096 how did you find the ransomware protection during your testing? What do you think of its implementation? :unsure:
there are 2 types of ransomware protection modules in WV. 1 is automatic, 1 is prompting when something, which is not in the whitelist, tries to access our folders (same as windows defender or bitdefender ransomware modules)

you can delect automatically add trusted processes + add your own trusted apps manually so it can reduce the numbet of prompts

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Yes, that's why I guess @oldschool warnings are from the 2nd module (Protected Folders)... warnigns are in yellow coloured?

Yes. I edited my above original post.

@Evjl's Rain 's explanation helps, but I was uncertain about my response to alerts. I just deleted all "allowed applications" and will start from scratch. I'm not advanced like you geeky guys. :D

harlan4096

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Usually You have to check in every warning if the process trying to access if trusted or not :)

1584283839471.png

You may find somoe more pics similar to this in dynamic sopilers of my WVSX tests :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.