Battle Wondershare Time Freeze vs Shadow Defender

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocsi

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2011
Which you think is better Wondershare Time Freeze or Shadow Defender.
1) Wondershare Time Freeze:
- Keep system safe from threats of virus, spyware, worm, Trojan, etc.
- Enter virtual system in 2 clicks, no need to reboot computer.
- Easy system restore and recovery to remove unwanted changes.
- Robust MBR protection guarantees the normal startup of PC.
- New protection mode greatly improves efficiency of virtual system.
Available for 32 & 64 bits systems
Requirements: Windows 7/XP/Vista/2000

2) Shadow Defender (was stopped - is not developed)
- Prevent all viruses and malware.
- Surf the internet safely and eliminate unwanted traces.
- Protect your privacy.
- Eliminate system downtime and maintenance costs.
- Reboot to restore your system back to its original state.
Available for 32 & 64 bits systems
Requirements: Windows 7/XP/Vista/2000

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
Mine would have to be Shadow Defender, because I have used it countless times and it has not failed me yet, and I bet what umbrapolaris is going to pick :p

AyeAyeCaptain

Level 1
Feb 24, 2011
Not used either as I've said before I have a free key for Wondershare but just not got round to giving it a go yet, is it really true that Shadow Defender is not being actively developed? Any reason for that at all, as for a company to do that surely cannot expect to progress at all let alone maintain a steady stream of revenue.

ocsi

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2011
AyeAyeCaptain said:
Not used either as I've said before I have a free key for Wondershare but just not got round to giving it a go yet, is it really true that Shadow Defender is not being actively developed? Any reason for that at all, as for a company to do that surely cannot expect to progress at all let alone maintain a steady stream of revenue.
"... Shadow Defender is not being actively developed? ..." - Yes, Shadow Defender is not being actively developed. If you want to use Shadow Defender, use v 1.1.0.325. Because the appearance of version 1.1.0.331 is unclear (occurs after project closure).

D

Deleted member 178

I will select shadow defenfer of course. Well guessed McLovin. SD is light, easy to use, and really efficient, i tried all the available replacement, none can attain SD level of protection/redource usage! and yes SD is not developped by its original creator who seems to have disappeared in strange circumstances. The .331 version was done after by someone else totally unknown.

Account

Oct 19, 2011
Wondershare Time Freeze
because Shadow Defender not been actively developed and will sooner or later be by passed by malware, might not be by passed till windows 9 or 10 but it will.

ocsi

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2011
Account said:
Wondershare Time Freeze
because Shadow Defender not been actively developed and will sooner or later be by passed by malware, might not be by passed till windows 9 or 10 but it will.

You're right. But, I had problems with Wondershare Time Freeze v 2.0.3 (and, I'm not an isolated case!!!).
I said it on here:
"... I used this software (Wondershare), and ... after a few days ... Windows starup is crash (not start )!!! I was forced to use "Last Known Good Configuration" to start Windows. I mention that I had no problems before or after using this software!
OK! Now, this is what had happened to me. I do not want to generalize. ..."

Account

Oct 19, 2011
hi ocsi Wondershare Time Freeze is not without its faults
they all have their faults u might want to try COMODO Time Machine if
Time Freeze keeps given u problems

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
I use Shadow Defender for when i want to do surveys/offers for stuff, and not have to remove all the junk on my own. I just restart and it is all gone.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
I use TimeFreeze, never tried ShadowDefender. I do recommend TF as I know it works very well but since I have never used SD, my opinion is based on what I read. In my opinion if SD was still being developed by the original developer, the program with respect to security would be as good as the best...Sandboxie. Unfortunately, the program development being carried by unknown characters raises red flags. Using old versions is not a good alternative in my opinion neither.

About TimeFreeze, I don't use it for security and don't even think of the program as a security tool. I use it explicitly for trying programs that don't need to be rebooted. I must say that the program has being close to perfect during the year and months that I have used it. Never had an issue that I can for certain say it was an error by the application. A couple of times, running something after installing under TF, the programs freezed but I believe those incidents happened because of the programs that I was trying.

I think it can be used as a security tool but using Sandboxie, I honestly feel that I don't need anything else. Let me point out that I have the feeling that nothing that I have ever installed under TimeFreeze has remained on my real system after a reboot. In other words , it does what its supposed to do and that includes keeping malware out.

@AyeAyeCaptain, its very easy to use. Just make sure you don't have installed anything like it, otherwise they will conflict.

Bo

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
I've tried both
for me, I even have a license Time Freeze.
I voted for Shadow Defender.
shadow defender: more good and simple (easy to use)

D

Deleted member 178

McLovin said:
What souns like is something I have used all the time. Returnil Virtual System

the latest versions of Returnil function in the same way, i tried it but the resources usage is higher than Shadow Defender and they just implemented some features that SD had since the beginning (the ability too keep the change you made in the virtual environment to the real one)

even SD is no more developped, it still is the best rollback apps.

ocsi

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2011
Account said:

I do not criticize Wondershare Time Freeze. I said why do not I use it. I specified as: "... Now, this is what had happened to me. I do not want to generalize. ...".
I wish use COMODO Time Machine, but I know nothing about it. But still, I will test.
Thanks

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I have used both programs before but I'm sticking up to Wondershare Time Freeze now since it works much better than Shadow Defender does and it's still being actively developed.

ocsi

Level 1
Thread author
Oct 26, 2011
BoXX28 said:
I have used both programs before but I'm sticking up to Wondershare Time Freeze now since it works much better than Shadow Defender does and it's still being actively developed.
I use Shadow Defender until I find out what problems I had with Wondershare. I am not clear yet what happened to this software (in my case described above).
After that I will use Wondershare Time Freeze.

P

Plexx

ocsi said:
Account said:

I do not criticize Wondershare Time Freeze. I said why do not I use it. I specified as: "... Now, this is what had happened to me. I do not want to generalize. ...".
I wish use COMODO Time Machine, but I know nothing about it. But still, I will test.
Thanks

CTM is a rollback software. i got it but havent used it yet. still reading a bit in their forums. perhaps heffed might help in giving more info

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
biozfear said:
CTM is a rollback software. i got it but havent used it yet. still reading a bit in their forums. perhaps heffed might help in giving more info

CTM's development is currently suspended.

If you encounter any bugs, you could be waiting quite a while for them to be fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.