Woomera's Setup

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
agreed but since i already have the license key why not use it? it uses little resources and sometimes gives warning for softwares trying to monitor keyboard that none of the others do. its a great anti-logger :)
and as for WOT why in the world would i drop it? it actually detects malicious urls that mbam,eam,kav,trafficlight miss, ive seen it. its also a perfect trust tool when it comes to shopping since security softwares dont rate those

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
I agree with wot comment, it is great.
Do you think it is overkill at all? I have a free license of zemana, i'm thinking on installing along with my cis and eam but I know that is overkill but I hate to not use a free license.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Even though there was haters, fanboys and etc... Still most users were having good contribution to provide accurate ratings for WOT. Yes let's say some controversial sites but not most of them.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Is EAM technically equal with mbam or with something like avast or avg cause it does say anti-malware and not anti-virus so can it run alongside most av's or suites without negative results?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Question: Is Emsisoft Anti-Malware fully compatible with antivirus or firewall tools?
Answer:
Yes.

Emsisoft Anti-Malware was originally designed to be a complementary product to antivirus- and firewall software. Today it is no longer complementary, but instead a full replacement for any antivirus software. Anyway it's still compatible with nearly all other programs.

If you encounter a problem in combination with another program, please tell us. We will solve the problem as quickly as possible.

Please note, that you should turn off other resident guards while running a scan with Emsisoft Anti-Malware. Other guards would check each file twice and the scan would take very long.

Link

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
except for slowdowns and laggs i have not noticed any other issues running emsisoft with other AV's.
as for zemana be an overkill, i believe not.

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Really? hmmmm well I like to be as bulletproof as possible and if I can do it with little slow downs then I will, and I think I have so far!

I took screens of all my process's and if I counted right everything at their lowest or close to lowest mem usage is around 60 mb...some suites are atleast that alone not including other apps.

Edit:Winpatrol is actually 6mb right now so maybe closer to 50-55 mb most of the time.

3rwNU.jpg

P9Pz3.jpg

DKxTy.jpg

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
See Woomera I have used Kaspersky for long and its proactive defense is top notch. IT even detects my NFS MostWanted when it starts as try to intercept key strokes. You also have comodo's defense +. So if you still want Zemena use it. IT is not very heavy. Personally I dont preffer WOT. Because the ratings are done by community. What I want is software that will scan links for viruses and exploits.

woomera

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
MRF71 said:
Really? hmmmm well I like to be as bulletproof as possible and if I can do it with little slow downs then I will, and I think I have so far!

I took screens of all my process's and if I counted right everything at their lowest or close to lowest mem usage is around 60 mb...some suites are atleast that alone not including other apps.

Edit:Winpatrol is actually 6mb right now so maybe closer to 50-55 mb most of the time.

personally i recommend you remove some of those as they are not needed and might slow down your browsing:
-Hostman thingy, comodo's defense+ and eam mamutu both protect hosts file against modfications.
-ad-muncher, is a useless software imo. i made a post while back titled "admuncher vs adblock" and gave the trial a go. its buggy, the whitelist doesnt work and if you wanna elements from a website to the blacklist you have to find the codes yourself while adblock uses the same amount of RAM and does this in 2-3 clicks.
-opendns, it doesnt protect you AT ALL nor does comodo secure dns or norton but if you wanna use any of them do what i do and pu them manually in your connection settings UNLESS youre using the parental filtering of Opendns.
-sandboxie, when was the last time you actually saw a script tryin to harm your computer and you were saved cause you were running SBIE? ive used sbie for couple of month but its slow, everything running inside sbie was slow and never seen any benefits (for me) except having troubles with updates and saving files. sbie true power is not sown unless in certain situations and for specific usages which i dont experience.

about keyscrambler i never used it so i cant comment.

@malbky
you are right, mamutu+defense plus+kav proactive+zemana is not necessary and i should remove one of these.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You missed Malwarebytes.

Out of interest, how many total processes do you have running?

malbky

Level 1
Jun 23, 2011
Woomera piece of my mind. Remove mamutu it is crap. I tested it with leaktesters and etc etc I did not get a single alert from it so uninstalled it. Remove zemena too. But yes it is light and non obtrusive so you can keep it.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.