Advice Request World Backup Day - 31st March 2020

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Most of the time at home cloud not an option, was looking today & over 3 TB of day (music, video & music) The fact it's not easy to upload that amount & download, external backups are not only that but externals in your hand are not subject to anyone else failure - One thing lately in upgrading laptops to SSD is the abundance of 1 TB spinning drives, with low use - For £7 from Amazon (nice enclosure) small backup drives are easily made.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Most of the time at home cloud not an option, was looking today & over 3 TB of day (music, video & music) The fact it's not easy to upload that amount & download, external backups are not only that but externals in your hand are not subject to anyone else failure - One thing lately in upgrading laptops to SSD is the abundance of 1 TB spinning drives, with low use - For £7 from Amazon (nice enclosure) small backup drives are easily made.
That's a huge amount of data. You may want to have a look at Jottacloud

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
I've ripped all my CD collection to FLAC & put them in the loft, that around 2000 FLAC albums files & Fifteen years of photographs, I've gradually bought external drives & rotate with my sons drive in case house burns to the ground or robbed - It works well as once copied it's only a case of updating & testing backups - IMO the only things that are not replaceable are data (photographs) & people?

South Park

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 23, 2018
I back up new or changed files two or three times a day to a USB flash drive, and I sync all files to external drives about twice a week using FastCopy

It's much easier these days with large, inexpensive external drives. Ten years ago I was backing up files to floppy disks and CD-Rs, and in fact I transferred the entire contents of a dead laptop to a new one using a dozen CDs.

Reactions: bribon77

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.