Worst program/application you've ever used

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plat1098

I have to tell you configuring Windows Defender Home version in 1709 is, how you say, #@%$^&%%. Despite extensive reading and doing a very little testing on my own, I'm still not quite sure if the torturous "enablements" of Network Protection, etc are really active and under what circumstances. Windows Defender in Pro using the Group Policy is for me, night and day, a piece of cake. @Opcode's remark is perfect, no matter how you slice it.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Using HMPA was like putting 2 dumbbells on my legs. I noticed huge performance drop with frequent non-responsive messages. It also increased CPU usage of other programs it injected to and when I was watching livestreams, it was constantly using 2.5% of the CPU while none of other security products did that. Finally, I noticed something was wrong with my laptop as I felt it a bit buggy. After I uninstalled HMPA, everything was working as they were with huge performance gain
I conclude, HMPA is one of the heaviest programs I have ever tested. I won 1-year license but I could never tolerate it

EDIT: I think HMPA is not useful for home users. Just for more vulnerable people because it's strong as an anti-exploit, everything else, except anti-keylogger, is average. Price-over-quality is low, IMO. I don't believe it can block more malwares/threats than a free product like voodooshield if we use them in 1 year

What version was all of this happening with? I've seen nothing of the sort with the latest build on a variety of test platforms.

giulia

Level 5
Verified
Nov 30, 2016
Hi
windows 10 and 8 (even i have used very rarely )
acronis disk director 11 , i lost lots of data ,lucky me i had getdataback (it did a miracle)
and acronis true image (i don't remember the version ) but i was released in 2015 ,i guess , lost paritions e data after a restore ,lost even i tried getdataback or other tools, no luck ,lost
so thanks Microsoft and Acronis

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.