1. bribon77

bribon77 Level 10

Jul 6, 2017
    spain
    Windows 7
    Emsisoft
    Windows Update.:mad:

Overlord, Vasudev, daljeet and 8 others like this.
  2. roger_m

roger_m Level 12

Dec 4, 2014
    Windows 10
    Panda
    The worst would be BleachBit, as it trashed Windows. I've only used it once. I used the community ini file and then checked every cleaning section. I did not enable the sections BleachBit cautioned me about. When I did a clean, it deleted lots of system files. Kerish Doctor alerted me about some system files being deleted, and even recovered some of them. However, it was not enough to save my Windows install, which got completely trashed, and I could not boot it, even after a System Restore.

daljeet, Garzaman, Tsiehshi and 6 others like this.
  3. russ0408

russ0408 Level 4

Jul 28, 2013
    Retired truck driver
    Ontario Canada
    Windows 10
    Avast
    I know a lot of you guys are going to hate me for saying this but my worst is Shadow Defender in Windows 10. When I had Windows 7 it worked flawless, now I try it in Windows 10 it borques my system every time. Maybe I don't have it set right maybe someone could give me a hand with the settings, because I think this software is really worth having on your system. It's a great extra layer of security to have.

upnorth, daljeet, Garzaman and 3 others like this.
  4. Sunshine-boy

Sunshine-boy Level 22

Apr 1, 2017
    IRAN
    Windows 10
    ESET
    it's a long list for me so I don't know which one is the worst...
    TweakBit products, Ashampoo(just utility tools ), Iobit driver booster, Avast free,
    Website X5,WinToHDD,ArcSoft.TotalMedia.Theatre, AVS Media Player and more :giggle::giggle:

daljeet, Garzaman, AtlBo and 5 others like this.
  5. danb

danb From VoodooShield
    Developer

May 31, 2017
    Overland Park, KS
    Windows 8.1
    Thank you, I appreciate that! Yeah, it was a long 3 or so months with VS 4.0, but we are getting close, and it will be worth it!

6. DJ Panda

DJ Panda Level 29

Aug 30, 2015
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Windows 10
    Emsisoft
    Bonzy Buddy :p Enough said

Being serious I strongly dislikeComodo Firewall after my first use almost leaving my computer unbootable.

upnorth, daljeet, venustus and 4 others like this.
  7. ispx

ispx Level 13

Jun 21, 2017
    not reachable
    psi secunia. installed & uninstalled in 10 minutes flat.

it told me that a three years old version of ccleaner was up-to-date & it froze my computer after hardly 3 minutes of usages.

8. suma

suma Level 4

Feb 18, 2013
    India
    Windows 10
    Trend Micro
    Forget when I last use Iobit system Care. Its a junk with lot of adware.

9. Tsiehshi

Tsiehshi Level 1

Nov 11, 2017
    Somewhere
    #49 Tsiehshi, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    I'll name and shame a few:

- IE8. I sometimes had to use it on my previous work computer with XP and only 512 MB RAM, because the maximum Chrome/-ium version was still outdated and threw protocol errors on some sites. FF would work better, but it used an enormous amount of resources for that old computer. Other alternative browsers had problems with protocols like Chrome. IE8 was more "reliable" on this configuration, but being extremely outdated, its rendering was awful and it leaked memory all over the place trying to open any slightly complex page.

- Code Writer. That W10 app was installed on the newer computer I was given at work. Don't be fooled by its pretty GUI, it freezes up trying to load any piece of a reasonably long source code file.

- Midori. I like open source software as much as the next person, but taking HALF AN HOUR to open the DuckDuckGo home page is nothing short of criminal.

- SimPE. This was a package editor for the old game The Sims 2 that helps you create new items or edit the existing ones. Years ago when I was a kid, I had read the warnings that stated it can damage the system, but wanted to use it badly enough to take that risk so I installed it anyway. My computer was working fine at first, but after turning it on the next time, it began acting like its system files were removed. I had to uninstall that piece of trash to fix the problem.

10. Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah Level 15

Jan 16, 2017
    SSD
    Windows 8.1
    Emsisoft
    I have used this browser and I agree completely. Installed because someone said its great(lol). It lasted maybe 15 minutes on my computer.

11. AtlBo

AtlBo Level 22

Dec 29, 2014
    Qihoo 360
    From a security perspective it was BlueStacks. I think I counted 75+ Private Firewall alerts during the installation. It installed numerous android apps into the main program after installing that first. PF HIPS went crazy. BS ran great at that time even and was very well written though. Probably even better 5+ years later, although all those apps with connections scared me off...o_O

Overall, I didn't like Maxthon, and I wasn't crazy about Japanese browser Sleipnir. Maxthon seemed to me like a data collection wrapper. Constantly contacted the internet.

Favorite or best program/app would probably bring some interesting replies lol...:)

12. Garzaman

Garzaman Level 2

Nov 14, 2017
    Seller
    Madrid, Spain
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Windows Vista. Sometimes it seems that Microsoft wants everyone to use Linux

13. Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah Level 15

Jan 16, 2017
    SSD
    Windows 8.1
    Emsisoft
    And done :)

14. Paul Lee

Paul Lee Level 9

Oct 14, 2014
    Windows 10
    IObit Malware Fighter. Enough said.

15. Slyguy

Slyguy Level 22

Jan 27, 2017
    Fortinet Engineer
    USA
    Other OS
    Agreed there.. That program itself is a virus.

16. aragornnnn

aragornnnn Level 11

Aug 18, 2016
    Warehouse Employee @ Nike ELC Belgium
    Belgium
    Windows 10
    Kaspersky
    Adobe Flesh i mean Flash... :ROFLMAO:

17. Anupam

Anupam Level 21

Jul 7, 2014
    Windows 7
    1. Windows Vista
    2. Internet Explorer 8
    3. Windows Media Player
    4. Download Accelerator plus ( lots of PUPs )

18. Overlord

Overlord Level 8
    Content Creator

Feb 22, 2013
    Poland
    ESET
    Registry Recycler - damaged the XP operating system a few years ago.
    Ares - scum and spy

19. Evjl's Rain

Evjl's Rain Level 29
    Trusted AV Tester

Apr 18, 2016
    Vietnam
    Windows 8.1
    Avast
    - windows defender and MSE, any version
    - Microsoft Edge
    - midori browser
    - Bitdefender IS
    - Norton AVs
    - EASEUS partition master: by far the worst of the worsts
    - HitmanPro.Alert (not hitmanpro)
    - Avira AVs

20. AtlBo

AtlBo Level 22

Dec 29, 2014
    Qihoo 360
    Really interesting list from you @Evjl's Rain with all your experience with software...especially security. Why the hate for EASEUS PM? Is this something to do with borking drives that I am unaware of personally?

Thanks for the list sad to see Bitdefender IS, HMPA, and Avira AV on your list of all people. Your testing gives you very good and meaningful insights I know. This always shows in your posts :)...