Q&A Worst program/application you've ever used

TairikuOkami

Level 13
Content Creator
OS
Windows 10
Backup software, it made me loose all backups, twice. First one "only" corrupted all files.

But the worst was the one from Google. I removed online files and upon sync, it removed local files. I had to redo everything.

I have sworn never to use any automatic backup software ever again, manual backups for me, only copy/paste locally or online.

frogboy

Level 61
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Emsisoft
Ease US Todo backup software for sure. I was a paying customer and it completely let down. I went te restore my system and all I got on reboot was a message saying Ease US Tode service is not running. No help from them either. Had to do a clean install and lost a lot of programs. :cry:

venustus

Level 43
Content Creator
Trusted
OS
Windows 10
Antivirus
Kaspersky
For me the origin platform from Electronic Arts which conveniently botched my login details several years ago and I lost all my games which I could not recover!:mad:Money down the drain!I will not use them again!!Shame since the Mass effect series and Battlefield series are very good.

OS
Windows 8.1
For me it was HideMyIP. Tried to uninstall it but it got stuck for hours. Force rebooted which resulted in corruption of Windows. Luckily I had backed up data.
This didn't destroy Windows but Freemake video converter(had lots of adware) and Bluestacks(had nightmare removing it) gave me a lot of troubles.

OS
Windows 8.1
Ease US Todo backup software for sure. I was a paying customer and it completely let down. I went te restore my system and all I got on reboot was a message saying Ease US Tode service is not running. No help from them either. Had to do a clean install and lost a lot of programs. :cry:
Sucks when something thats supposed to save you from data loss becomes the reason for data loss itself.