Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
What is the worst legit program/application you've ever used in Windows? Exclude mention of antivirus and anti malware because there's already a popular thread about it on MT.

To moderators, please move this thread if I've posted it in the wrong place.

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Backup software, it made me loose all backups, twice. First one "only" corrupted all files.

But the worst was the one from Google. I removed online files and upon sync, it removed local files. I had to redo everything.

I have sworn never to use any automatic backup software ever again, manual backups for me, only copy/paste locally or online.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
Ease US Todo backup software for sure. I was a paying customer and it completely let down. I went te restore my system and all I got on reboot was a message saying Ease US Tode service is not running. No help from them either. Had to do a clean install and lost a lot of programs. :cry:

Venustus

Level 59
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012
For me the origin platform from Electronic Arts which conveniently botched my login details several years ago and I lost all my games which I could not recover!:mad:Money down the drain!I will not use them again!!Shame since the Mass effect series and Battlefield series are very good.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
For me it was HideMyIP. Tried to uninstall it but it got stuck for hours. Force rebooted which resulted in corruption of Windows. Luckily I had backed up data.
This didn't destroy Windows but Freemake video converter(had lots of adware) and Bluestacks(had nightmare removing it) gave me a lot of troubles.

Deletedmessiah

Level 25
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jan 16, 2017
Ease US Todo backup software for sure. I was a paying customer and it completely let down. I went te restore my system and all I got on reboot was a message saying Ease US Tode service is not running. No help from them either. Had to do a clean install and lost a lot of programs. :cry:
Sucks when something thats supposed to save you from data loss becomes the reason for data loss itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.