Battle WOT vs Avast Online Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 10, 2014
I'm looking for a reliable site advisor in case I visit a malcious website (you never know what might happen), I don't really have much experience with any so i would you to give me your personal recommendation, thanks! :)

Icy

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Apr 10, 2014
I just tested: WOT - avast! - trafficlight on some malicious websites.
WOT and trafficlight didn't allow me to enter them while avast! actually did..

D

Deleted member 178

I would rather depend on user opinions over trusting security software vendors because they continue to keep adding adware partners and rogue developers to their whitelists

in that case i agree, but webrep softs are supposed to tell you at first glance if a website is safe or not , i don't have time to read and filter dozen of comments , especially in WOT where the comments are made by:

- Security-clueless users : "hey this site sucks because they don't reply to my problems" or "this torrent site is awesome i can download all my favorites movies (all infected of course)
- Haters/fanboys: "hey this a chinese website, im sure it is a rogue software" (like the Iobit Drama)

the list is long...

kaljukass

Level 2
May 17, 2012
I've been trying to get in contact for a long time already WOT team, but alas, to no avail. They simply do not correspond to anything.
Personally, I think that this is a special team, which is designed to spread misinformation and slander about those servers, that are newer and also offer free accommodation. Most of them just slandering specially these servers.
I have discovered the so-called "ordered writers" who distributed more than 10,000 libel letter in a short time, with all had the same content.
In my eyes is WOT fully of defamation distribution brotherhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.