Would anyone happen to know the name of this website?

M

mrslothbrok

Thread author
I had it bookmarked for a while before I decided I wanted to restore my computer to the factory state, I deleted it from my bookmarks thinking I didn't want it and would remember it later on. Well as you can see I don't remember it, all I can tell you is if I recall correctly the background was yellow or gold color and the fonts were brown, you could type in one word or two beside each other and it would convert the letters from your word to a certain number or special character while still being recognizable, like this "computer" is now: (0mpu73r. I have searched every kind of phrase about password and user name generators and nothing I have found will allow custom words, I think it was a generator for passwords. Its just bugs me that I can't find it, any help would be much appreciated! :D Please and thank you.

M

mrslothbrok

Thread author

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Take heart in the likely hood you'll find it again sometime (hopefully soon)! Searches, nowadays, seem to hit a goodly amount of commercially generated items almost like reverse tracking!:p It's still out there, it's just not as big as the others that are not as good. There's still a great chance finding out, depending on the hour; and if not here, maybe someone at wildersecurity would know the site you're searching for off the top of their head.;) It might be worth a try.:rolleyes: Good hunting.
Thanks!:)

Prorootect

Level 69
Verified
Nov 5, 2011
Last edited:
M

mrslothbrok

Thread author
Take heart in the likely hood you'll find it again sometime (hopefully soon)! Searches, nowadays, seem to hit a goodly amount of commercially generated items almost like reverse tracking!:p It's still out there, it's just not as big as the others that are not as good. There's still a great chance finding out, depending on the hour; and if not here, maybe someone at wildersecurity would know the site you're searching for off the top of their head.;) It might be worth a try.:rolleyes: Good hunting.
Thanks!:)
At this point I think I'm going to give up on searching for it, maybe it will dawn on me what it was. Thank you for your help though. :D I'm beginning to think this was stupid to post in the first place on my part. :oops:

M

mrslothbrok

Thread author
Some links found with 'transform convert words to passwords'
xkpasswd.net : https://www.xkpasswd.net/c/index.cgi
http://www.slate.com/articles/techn...ne_minute_with_this_foolproof_technique_.html
http://textmechanic.com/
http://www.string-functions.com/string-hex.aspx
http://www.string-functions.com/

Base64 - Online Base64 decoder and encoder decoding and encoding texts and files. : http://www.motobit.com/util/base64-decoder-encoder.asp - with brown color, at your wish, ha!
Sadly none of those are it, but they do seem useful! Thank you for your help too.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
At this point I think I'm going to give up on searching for it, maybe it will dawn on me what it was. Thank you for your help though. :D I'm beginning to think this was stupid to post in the first place on my part. :oops:
Clearly your post was interesting enough to get an amazing response!:) I found it very intriguing, and only wish I had the answer. (How about Jaspion's??o_O) So, if you really think a post of yours like this one could be something less than intelligent, just imagine what an immense success your posts are going be when it happens to be one you feel is super duper smart!;) Keep posting. Your member brothers are sure to like it!:cool:

Last edited:
M

mrslothbrok

Thread author
Clearly your post was interesting enough to get an amazing response!:) I found it very intriguing, and only wish I had the answer. (How about Jaspion's??o_O) So, if you really think a post of yours like this one could be something less than intelligent, just imagine what an immense success your posts are going be when it happens to be one you feel is super duper smart!;) Keep posting. Your member brothers are sure to like it!:cool:
Well I'm glad everyone found it interesting enough to help me out. That's the problem though, I don't really know what to post here. When I think of posting something that's just happened recently someone beats me to it and I wouldn't want to duplicate it.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Well I'm glad everyone found it interesting enough to help me out. That's the problem though, I don't really know what to post here. When I think of posting something that's just happened recently someone beats me to it and I wouldn't want to duplicate it.

:) That is exactly what happened to me yesterday. Twice!:rolleyes: *Sigh*;) ..so, I wrote about my slow typing. Then, another member wrote I shouldn't feel bad, and that they 'type slow too'!:D
This is just one thing which makes this such a good site. That, and of course, You!:):)

M

mrslothbrok

Thread author
:) That is exactly what happened to me yesterday. Twice!:rolleyes: *Sigh*;) ..so, I wrote about my slow typing. Then, another member wrote I shouldn't feel bad, and that they 'type slow too'!:D
This is just one thing which makes this such a good site. That, and of course, You!:):)
That is one thing I've noticed, how nice everyone is. :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.