Would you run Glarysoft Malware Hunter?

Would you run Malware Hunter Pro (with realtime protection) with your AV?

• Yeah

• No, but it would be a good addition to any security config

• No, only as an on-demand scanner

• Absolutely not

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Voted "Absolutely not". There are better and more serious security programs to use alongside main AV (if you have any) and on-demand scanners. I don't believe in effectiveness of these "frankesteins". I look at Malware Hunter Pro same as IObit Malware Fighter. :cautious:

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Voted "Absolutely not". There are better and more serious security programs to use alongside main AV (if you have any) and on-demand scanners. I don't believe in effectiveness of these "frankesteins". I look at Malware Hunter Pro same as IObit Malware Fighter. :cautious:

It did a good job finding some stuff on my computer recently. It's a heavy not a light program, so I don't run it realtime on my current computer. On a better computer, I would prefer running it realtime as a companion AV over Malwarebytes because I think Avira is a lot better than Malwarebytes. Emsisoft and Webroot of course would be preferable to Malware Hunter.

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
It did a good job finding some stuff on my computer recently. It's a heavy not a light program, so I don't run it realtime on my current computer. On a better computer, I would prefer running it realtime as a companion AV over Malwarebytes because I think Avira is a lot better than Malwarebytes. Emsisoft and Webroot of course would be preferable to Malware Hunter.
Yeah. But Emsisoft is not compatible with other antiviruses anymore.

/steel9

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Yeah. But Emsisoft is not compatible with other antiviruses anymore.

I saw some indication that this was coming, but I thought it hadn't happened yet because just the other day somebody was doing a thread here about running ESET (I think it was) and Emsisoft together. When was it announced?

CoherentCrayon

Level 4
Thread author
Verified
Jun 23, 2017
T

The paranoid one

I have tried this program a few months ago and I totally agree with @conceptualclarity

I do not trust that software, but I got glary utillities pro on my system.o_O
Some say they use IObit Uninstaller and find it good but wouldn't trust in IObit Malware Fighter protecting their systems. Contradictions are real. :X3::p

I´m using IObit Uninstaller and I never, or rather, in this life, I´ll use IObit Malware Fighter and I love Glary Utilitties from a lot of years ago, in fact, I have it in my system. "Contradictions are real" :)

tim one

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 31, 2014
No, I wouldn't use GMH.
I think that those who writes optimization software has to do just that and those who write security software has to do the same.
GMH uses the Avira engine and then at this point it does make sense to use Avira.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
GMH uses the Avira engine and then at this point it does make sense to use Avira.

As a first-line AV of course it would be preferable to use Avira itself. If you want to use the Avira engine as a companion AV I know of no other way than this program.

I think that those who writes optimization software has to do just that and those who write security software has to do the same.

Nobody is touting the Glary engine, but rather the Avira engine.

There are many better options out there.

For first-line AVs, of course. For companion AVs I don't think so.

insanity

Level 5
Verified
Oct 9, 2016
For first-line AVs, of course. For companion AVs I don't think so.

It depends on everyone's "metric" for good companion AV. Does this software receive the most up to date Avira signatures? Also, if it's for the engine, I believe ZAM is better, HMP.A (which includes HMP as a scanner) is also better. Also, does this software have a good 0-day protection, a decent HIPS or something similar that improves the protection from the main AV?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.