Solved Wow, Can't even download frst :(...Trying to delete ad/malware

hate!ads!999

Level 1
Verified
Hi T-H Eagle...Pls review my futile attempts to find (I can't), and much less, delete adware and malware...Greatly appreciate your advice.
 
Hello,


Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.


  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.

    x5o4gh.png

  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
 
Thanks much, THE...Whew, here are the files; I see a few "errors' - pls advise on how to proceed to detect, and delete, my ad/malware. Very much appreciate your kind assistance!



Hello,


Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them.
Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.


  • Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.

    x5o4gh.png

  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please attach it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

Right now I do not see signs of active malware. You can however uninstall some potentially unwanted software like:
- REACHit --> if you're not using it
- SlimCleaner Plus
- SHAREit --> if you're not using it.
 
Thx, THE...Now - Tried again to download fixitcenter - failed because of "Can't download troubleshooters...internet connectivity"...Pls advise.
 
Hi again, THE...My soliloquy continues while I await further advice from you...I just ran Junkware; it returned with slimware, and a few others that it noted (?) was "successfully uninstalled", but my problem still persists. I found a previous post sometime ago that mentioned "adsupplyads.com", which seems to describe my problem exactly- this virus runs ads continuously, and inserts a new address into the text box, especially while I am on a certain site (breitbart.com). But Junkware, nor any of the other anti-malware programs didn't find this virus/infection. Thanks again...
 
Do you have home router/modem?

FRST.gif
Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please re-run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool to give me a fresh look at your system.
  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Make sure that Addition.txt option is checked.

    2873ryc.png

  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
Please attach report into your next reply.
 
Hi THE...Apologies for the delay in re-executing Farbar for your 2nd review. Some comments:
1. In answer to your question - Yes, I have a home modem; this is not a business setup.
2. Of course, my problem persists; I noted one bizarre address this morning that was placed in my textbox while on that "problem" site (breitbart.com) - "fuamagora.net" - I "googled" this site, and google did not return any results - is this virus/malware being inserted outside of USA?; what is its origins?...wth?
3. In the Additions.txt file: In this run, and as in the first run 2 days ago, I have system errors - need I be concerned? They're the same in both runs: "Fatal error 43...Internal error 252"; these were logged this morning.
4. In Frst.txt and Additions.txt: There are no detected malware, insofar as I could tell - is this correct? then WHERE is/are these malware residing? --- Can you pls suggest how to detect, and then, delete them? --- My problem persists!

Infinite thanks, again, THE !
btw, pls be so kind as to confirm your entire address; your associates suggested a donation, and I would be glad to make one. I do appreciate your time and assistance :))), and I really hope to find and eradicate this malware!
 

Attachments

About your issues, yes there are some errors but I don't think they are critical to your system, quick search reveals it is probably Outlook related. If you're not using it, then there is no need to worry. On the other side, these errors can't be responsible for the ads issues you are experiencing.

Let's perform one fix, after you finish it you will find SlimCleaner Plus application in your Control Panel that your need to uninstall.

FRST.gif
Fix with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

icon_exclaim.gif
This fix was created for this user for use on that particular machine.
icon_exclaim.gif

icon_exclaim.gif
Running it on another one may cause damage and render the system unstable.
icon_exclaim.gif
​

Download attached fixlist.txt file and save it to the Desktop:

Both files, FRST and fixlist.txt have to be in the same location or the fix will not work!

  • Right-click on
    FRST.gif
    icon and select
    RunAsAdmin.jpg
    Run as Administrator to start the tool.
    (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • Press the Fix button just once and wait.
  • If for some reason the tool needs a restart, please make sure you let the system restart normally. After that let the tool complete its run.
  • When finishes FRST will generate a log on the Desktop, called Fixlog.txt.

Please attach it to your reply.
 

Attachments

Last edited:
sorry, THE;
can't seem to RUN fixlist - have downloaded 3x, but all prompts do not give option of "Run", just "Open", nor do I see an icon as you stated ...and then a 4-line file pops up...help
 
another ?: thought I uninstalled slimcleanerplus yesterday(?) But, when I tried to uninstall it again(?) right now, a prompt says "do you wish for slim... to make changes to your system?" --- is this normal, and do I say yes/no? --- thought I was just asking MS to uninstall it?
 
Thx, THE...this is the 2nd day after last post. All appears great after uninstalling Slimcleanerplus, and downloading adblockplus - So far, ads have disappeared, and no bizarre addresses inserted in textbox-yay! THANKS for your help, plus suggestions of all anti-malware apps that work! :))
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top