Wow Cool! When did the voting arrows were added?

TedCruz

Level 5
Thread author
Aug 19, 2022
I just noticed that each post now has voting arrows like reddit. Where users can vote up or down on each post. That is a neat feature that allows us to self moderate spam!

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
I just noticed that each post now has voting arrows like reddit. Where users can vote up or down on each post. That is a neat feature that allows us to self moderate spam!
Seriously, You are wrong, there is no voting possible for each forum post, ability to vote depends on forum sections like here: Hardware Troubleshooting

Reactions: Nevi and harlan4096

Andrezj

Level 6
Nov 21, 2022
downvotes on reddit are used by communities to brigade posts they do not like or agree with, and once there is enough downvotes, like 20, then the poster is censored because the posts are hidden
so post votes on reddit are used as a censorship mechanism

Reactions: TedCruz and Nevi

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Certain sub-forums allow the threads to be ‘Questions’ format where users can vote on replies and mark as solution. This is useful for Troubleshooting forums.

Question forums allow users to ask questions which other users can answer. The best answer given to the question can be highlighted and pinned. Answers given to "Votable questions" can be up/down-voted and can be sorted by score.

To dissuade unwanted behaviours, downvoting may be disabled.

Screenshot 2022-12-10 at 14.25.20.png

‘Discussions' are the default you’ll see everywhere.

Screenshot 2022-12-10 at 14.33.13.png

TedCruz

Level 5
Thread author
Aug 19, 2022
Certain sub-forums allow the threads to be ‘Questions’ format where users can vote on replies and mark as solution. This is useful for Troubleshooting forums.

Question forums allow users to ask questions which other users can answer. The best answer given to the question can be highlighted and pinned. Answers given to "Votable questions" can be up/down-voted and can be sorted by score.

To dissuade unwanted behaviours, downvoting may be disabled.

View attachment 271211

‘Discussions' are the default you’ll see everywhere.

View attachment 271212
Thank you. That is a cool feature in my opinion.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.