Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Here's a point Microsoft Office products are at level of execellente therefore all features are already included however its a paid version and pretty expensive though.

So go to alternative like WPS instead of going to torrents sites and download the pirated product of Microsoft Office. ;)

E

eight

Here's a point Microsoft Office products are at level of execellente therefore all features are already included however its a paid version and pretty expensive though.

So go to alternative like WPS instead of going to torrents sites and download the pirated product of Microsoft Office

A very honest & unbiased viewpoint you got there & I am in total agreement with you.

WPS must be an excellent alternative for those are tight on cash but it can never surpass Microsoft Office.

Reactions: jamescv7

BCHatesMalware

Level 2
Verified
Dec 5, 2013
I will give this one a try, because I am looking for Office 365 replacement.
Have you considered LibreOffice? It's a great Office Suite. I've been using it for a long-time now, and I'm quite happy. Plus the price is right...100% free. :)

Oh, yes it opens all Office documents quite nicely. :)

jackuars

Level 27
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 2, 2014
So go to alternative like WPS instead of going to torrents sites and download the pirated product of Microsoft Office. ;)

A very important point. And most of the people I know use this method in bold. They believe that, they're getting a wonderful office suite for free, and hence compare it to the real freeware products. No pun intended.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Have you considered LibreOffice? It's a great Office Suite. I've been using it for a long-time now, and I'm quite happy. Plus the price is right...100% free. :)

Oh, yes it opens all Office documents quite nicely. :)
One thing: I really hate LO interface - it is still in late 90's :D

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
One thing: I really hate LO interface - it is still in late 90's :D

And that's the reason why I use WPS/Kingsoft Office for a long time due to their interface and transform to MS office style. ;)

juhful

Level 13
Verified
Well-known
Jun 22, 2013
It's very simple, MS Office is better, no one is arguing that it's not, but for MOST people WPS free is easily good enough for the average home user and being it cost nothing why not try before you buy a product you might not need, just mho.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
What about polaris office?? is it better than this??

Since its a full blown product design for mobile devices therefore its another promising software that can be alternative to WPS but Polaris Office is not yet available for Windows. ;)

Reactions: SBI-boy

Janl92l

Level 7
Verified
Nov 7, 2014
Why pay for something if u have almost the same for free. :) Money is a wrong system. It just harms the humanity itself thats a fact. same as capitalism. Why just dont make microsoft office for free and make the peoples happy? greedy companies. I hate this system so much. sorry for a bit off topic.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Why pay for something if u have almost the same for free. :) Money is a wrong system. It just harms the humanity itself thats a fact. same as capitalism. Why just dont make microsoft office for free and make the peoples happy? greedy companies. I hate this system so much. sorry for a bit off topic.
Good idea! And then companies can start to pay their employees with users happiness instead of money :D LOL!

E

eight

It's very simple, MS Office is better, no one is arguing that it's not

Appreciate you acknowledging that truth. If there was no Microsoft Office there would be no WPS Office.

Money is a wrong system. It just harms the humanity itself thats a fact
BitCoins is an option ;)

And then companies can start to pay their employees with users happiness instead of money

Or we can go back to the Barter System
barter.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: JakeXPMan

Raul90

Level 14
Feb 5, 2012
Have tried Kingsoft Office Suite Pro 2013 and it's a very good alternative to MSOffice 2007. At first it seemed to be lacking but after a week of using it I find it a great alternative. There's no Outlook but there's always Mozilla Thunderbird. Now I have retained it in a partition I have with mostly freeware installed with Avira Free + Comodo firewall ver8. Waiting on the promo's 2014 Pro here so I can try it out also. I have my old trusted MS Office 2007 gift from the office so I am not worried. Microsoft's is as james said excellente! It's way beyond competitors. WPS, OpenOffice(did not like it), Ashampoo Office(have not tried it) etc might get there but it will not in the not so distant future. But of course you have to admire the diligence there. When the going get's tough I have both :)

Reactions: jamescv7
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.