Battle WPS Office Premium 10 vs. SoftMaker Office 20018 (paid versions)

mamamia

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Feb 27, 2016
I need to know what is the best choice (I use Windows 10).
Between both, I look for the program with the best features and the best compatibility with MS-Office documents.

Reactions: harlan4096

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
I use a Linux distribution and therefore SoftMaker Office 2018, because it is compatible with Linux and better than LibreOffice.

First of all, don't expect that this product can save and read files in the MS Office format without any problems. For demanding documents, Softmaker could not always read the MS Office document ideally (e.g. text misplaced, image not in the right position). This could be problematic if you send documents to other people who use MS Office.

But I have to say that this program (and Google Drive) are already the best in reading MS Office formats, and no MS Office clone can read MS Office formats so well.

If that doesn't bother you, I think this product is the best MS Office clone.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
I use a Linux distribution and therefore SoftMaker Office 2018, because it is compatible with Linux and better than LibreOffice.

First of all, don't expect that this product can save and read files in the MS Office format without any problems. For demanding documents, Softmaker could not always read the MS Office document ideally (e.g. text misplaced, image not in the right position). This could be problematic if you send documents to other people who use MS Office.

But I have to say that this program (and Google Drive) are already the best in reading MS Office formats, and no MS Office clone can read MS Office formats so well.

If that doesn't bother you, I think this product is the best MS Office clone.

WPS Office opens and saves all files without any problems. I use it for a long time and I do not have any difficulties.
Everything works flawlessly.

jogs

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 19, 2012
I have used both of them, some documents open properly in one and some in other. The problem actually arises when a document has lots of formatting along with table, graphics etc. Its really difficult to say which one will do better. The latest version of Softmaker works quite good, though I don't have experience with the latest one of WPS.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.