• CCleaner

Last edited:

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
"Qihoo 360 Total Security, Qihoo 360 Internet Security"

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

I'm not too sure on why you have to have 2 antiviruses?

#Facepalm

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
UAC (set to default) is Windows protection which warns you whenever a program is going to make changes to your system. This is usually when you've downloaded something, and just prior to installing, and should not be ignored or considered an annoyance.;)
  1. Go to seach
  2. Type in UAC
  3. Set it to at least "Default"
PS Btw, I nearly:oops: forgot to thank you for sharing your configuration!:rolleyes::D
Do you use any security Add-on (extentions) for your browsers?

Last edited:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Yeah its asks me if i wanna run them or not.
The UAC warning '..asking' (you) whether to 'run' a program about to make changes to your system is essentially giving (you) the USER Activated Control which is a 2nd chance to avoid making a mistake that might have slipped by without your noticing.;)
It would be great if there was a UAC to give drivers another chanceo_O that worked something like this::eek: "Are you sure you want to run your car into the car in front of you which will make changes to your car?":rolleyes::D

Xanoas

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
May 10, 2014
The UAC warning '..asking' (you) whether to 'run' a program about to make changes to your system is essentially giving (you) the USER Activated Control which is a 2nd chance to avoid making a mistake that might have slipped by without your noticing.;)
It would be great if there was a UAC to give drivers another chanceo_O that worked something like this::eek: "Are you sure you want to run your car into the car in front of you which will make changes to your car?":rolleyes::D
Yes I have it activated. LOL The car thing.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.