Anti-vm present

Reactions: [correlate]

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
@Nikola Milanovic fwiw, I downloaded what I think is a well known file, windows firewall control, logged into Valkyrie, I submitted sha256 and it said not a valid hash format (paraphrase) then I uploaded the file and Valkyrie computed the sha1 correctly but reported File Not Found. I do not have Xcitium installed (yet) but I understood that Valkyrie would run its analysis for would-be user of Valkyrie.
1702284565207.png
1702284565207.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikola Milanovic

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 17, 2023
@Nikola Milanovic fwiw, I downloaded what I think is a well known file, windows firewall control, logged into Valkyrie, I submitted sha256 and it said not a valid hash format (paraphrase) then I uploaded the file and Valkyrie computed the sha1 correctly but reported File Not Found. I do not have Xcitium installed (yet) but I understood that Valkyrie would run its analysis for would-be user of Valkyrie.
you need to upload it here Comodo Valkyrie Customer Login | Advanced File Analysis System or at Xcitium verdict cloud

simmerskool

Level 31
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Reactions: Trident

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
ok, yeah but, so I login on this page and I get "Invalid login credentials" :unsure: Unclear (to me) why I would need to create a second account, or want to have two (2) Valkyrie accounts...
Not trying to sound intentionally negative here, but this is progressing toward more trouble that it is probably worth. :unsure::unsure:
It is definitely more trouble than it’s worth. And I am not sure why static analysis needs to be performed in the cloud, I don’t see any data being displayed that is worth computing in the cloud. It could be performed locally as well. Where is the dynamic analysis?

Nikola Milanovic

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 17, 2023
ok, yeah but, so I login on this page and I get "Invalid login credentials" :unsure: Unclear (to me) why I would need to create a second account, or want to have two (2) Valkyrie accounts...
Not trying to sound intentionally negative here, but this is progressing toward more trouble that it is probably worth. :unsure::unsure:
you need to create the second account because your other Valkyrie is Valkyrie verdict and the one i sent you its just Valkyrie

It is definitely more trouble than it’s worth. And I am not sure why static analysis needs to be performed in the cloud, I don’t see any data being displayed that is worth computing in the cloud. It could be performed locally as well. Where is the dynamic analysis?
Because VirusScope uses Static and Dynamic Analysis thats why

• Sad
Reactions: simmerskool

Nikola Milanovic

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 17, 2023
Wasn’t VirusScope behavioural blocking or does it perform pre-execution analysis as well. And if VirusScope performs pre-execution analysis then what’s the point of Valkyrie which seems to be mainly static analysis as well?
Containment is sandbox so in the sandbox VirusScope does Static and Dynamic Behavioral Analysis and delivers the verdict to Valkyrie and to the user

Nikola Milanovic

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 17, 2023
and to mention that Valkyrie also has Dynamic Analysis
1702320538221.png

Reactions: Trident
F

ForgottenSeer 103564

Containment is sandbox so in the sandbox VirusScope does Static and Dynamic Behavioral Analysis and delivers the verdict to Valkyrie and to the user
How does it fair with sandbox aware malware, and malware coded to jailbreak sandboxes. How does it handle out bound connection to C&C servers as it performed dynamic analysis. What is the criteria of dynamic analysis based on, which aspects does it analyze. How efficient/effective is this analysis is everything being addressed by the automation. What is the ratio of false positives and false negatives, these automated tools are only as good as the rules they are written with compared to manual dynamic analysis and reverse engineering of the malware.

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
How does it fair with sandbox aware malware, and malware coded to jailbreak sandboxes. How does it handle out bound connection to C&C servers as it performed dynamic analysis. What is the criteria of dynamic analysis based on, which aspects does it analyze. How efficient/effective is this analysis is everything being addressed by the automation. What is the ratio of false positives and false negatives, these automated tools are only as good as the rules they are written with compared to manual dynamic analysis and reverse engineering of the malware.
When locally sandboxed you won't need to worry about damage. You may also make rules to Deny traffic for contained items. Their cloud sandbox is prone to the save evasions as all others. From personal experience... I've submitted samples that tricked the comodo cloud sandbox. Check out some of my malware analysis post's for examples.

Nikola Milanovic

Level 2
Thread author
Oct 17, 2023
would Xcitium by compatible with another anti-malware product? Also, are sandboxes items unable to work properly?
Sandboxed items by Xcitium are analyzed by VirusScope(Static and Dynamic Analysis) but some applications dont work in the sandbox and just die because Xcitium doesnt allow an app to connect to the internet so there is no internet connection in the sandbox and yes its compatible

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.