Xcitium Verdict Cloud(Valkyrie)

F

ForgottenSeer 103564

When locally sandboxed you won't need to worry about damage. You may also make rules to Deny traffic for contained items. Their cloud sandbox is prone to the save evasions as all others. From personal experience... I've submitted samples that tricked the comodo cloud sandbox. Check out some of my malware analysis post's for examples.
On a local sandbox isolating the internet will hamper many samples from functioning, which is almost as pointless as trying to analyze sandbox aware malware. It would be interesting to know the rule-set its automated with.

Will sit down later and give those a look.

Sandbox Breaker

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 6, 2022
I could try this with Harmony if it works. Ill probably just use containment and VirusScope (if thats compatable)
It works with Harmony. So you then have 2 cloud sandboxes and one local to prevent damage! Even if it bypasses the two cloud ones... Your local one does not care as the file is untrusted.

Reactions: simmerskool

Xeno1234

Level 14
Jun 12, 2023
It works with Harmony. So you then have 2 cloud sandboxes and one local to prevent damage! Even if it bypasses the two cloud ones... Your local one does not care as the file is untrusted.
And the anti-malware engine on harmony is extremely good. Should block anything that gets past sandbox locally (I use gamemods, so the game has to be out of the sandbox and some mods might be malicious).

Kongo

Level 36
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 25, 2017
And the anti-malware engine on harmony is extremely good. Should block anything that gets past sandbox locally (I use gamemods, so the game has to be out of the sandbox and some mods might be malicious).
Even without any experience with either Comodo/xcitium and Harmony I would dare to say that pretty much nothing will get past those two. Not even legitimate software. Wonder if that's actually a good setup on a productive system.

• Hundred Points
Reactions: simmerskool

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.