HitmanPro.Alert 3.x.x
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiLogger
HitmanPro
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome 64-bit: LastPass, Web Boost, uBlock Origin, Google Data Saver, IDM extension

Pale Moon 27 64-bit: LastPass, Decentraleyes (jetpack version), uBlock Origin

Vivaldi 64-bit: LastPass, uBlock Origin, Web Boost
Maintenance tools
CCleaner Free, Process Lasso Pro, Veracrypt, BatteryCare, Revo Uninstaller, O&O ShutUp10
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Professional

Korora

Level 2
Verified
Jul 22, 2015
Thanks!
Nah, I won't install WoT because some results are just not correct. I tried HTTPS Everywhere in the past, but it broke some of the sites like CCleaner's. Maybe in the future, I'll install those. Thanks for the suggestion!

No problem.

I just checked CCleaner's site and see no broken parts of the site, plus I have never experienced any bugs or errors with HTTPS Everywhere before.

Reactions: Logethica

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@XhenEd : Configuring experimental sites to force on secure HTTPS may cause leakage/ issues to retrieve the website properly but per default or stable settings that should work well.

Tested with the site of CCleaner without any problems. (Opera browser)

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Thanks!
I'll try HTTPS Everywhere again. :)

Reactions: Logethica

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Updated!

Changed OS to Windows 10 Home.
Removed: Kaspersky Internet Security 2015, AOMEI Backupper Standard
Added: ESET Smart Security 8, EaseUS Todo Backup Home

KIS 2016 has some limitations, so I didn't install it. Since I still have a license for ESS, and knew that it works great with Windows 10, so I installed it. I got a free license from a paid product of EaseUS, so of course, I installed it. :D

As for the other softwares listed, many of them aren't installed yet. I may or I may not install them on my Windows 10 machine. :D

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Updated!

Changed OS to Windows 10 Home.
Removed: Kaspersky Internet Security 2015, AOMEI Backupper Standard
Added: ESET Smart Security 8, EaseUS Todo Backup Home

KIS 2016 has some limitations, so I didn't install it. Since I still have a license for ESS, and knew that it works great with Windows 10, so I installed it. I got a free license from a paid product of EaseUS, so of course, I installed it. :D

As for the other softwares listed, many of them aren't installed yet. I may or I may not install them on my Windows 10 machine. :D
Good changed ESET is good and reliable, and Easus is a good choice. Win 10 update: the best OS of Microsoft. Thanks for sharing ;)

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Removed: ESET Smart Security 8
Added: Emsissoft Internet Security 10

I'm just trialing EIS 10 to see if it will be working smooth on my laptop. :D

What do you suggest that I'll change, if any, for protection and/or performance?

I noticed that the installation takes so much CPU power. Also, its service is consuming 2-3% of CPU all the time in the background. Why is that?
Edit: Process Lasso is the culprit. As soon as I closed it, EIS is consuming 0% CPU resources already. :)

Last edited:

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Update!

Removed: Emsisoft Internet Security 10
Added: ESET Smart Security 8

EIS 10 has really big signature updates per day. I can't live with that since I have a relatively low internet cap.

I also wanted to try Heimdal Pro, but it wouldn't properly work. It wouldn't start after a restart. Maybe, it's incompatible with AppGuard or Windows 10, itself.

JM Safe

Level 39
Verified
Top Poster
Apr 12, 2015
Update!

Removed: Emsisoft Internet Security 10
Added: ESET Smart Security 8

EIS 10 has really big signature updates per day. I can't live with that since I have a relatively low internet cap.

I also wanted to try Heimdal Pro, but it wouldn't properly work. It wouldn't start after a restart. Maybe, it's incompatible with AppGuard or Windows 10, itself.
Good choice, if your internet speed is low, you made the best choice, because EIS 10 is however a very good antivirus, so your protection is well covered ;)

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Added: Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium, Opera, Cyberfox, and Symform

Would adding MBAE strengthen my laptop given that I already have ESET and AppGuard?
I added Opera for its internet data-saving feature. I also added Cyberfox just for fun and testing.
I also added Symform. It's an online backup solution for my personal files.

Enju

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jul 16, 2014
Added: Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium, Opera, Cyberfox, and Symform

Would adding MBAE strengthen my laptop given that I already have ESET and AppGuard?
I added Opera for its internet data-saving feature. I also added Cyberfox just for fun and testing.
I also added Symform. It's an online backup solution for my personal files.
MBAE is unnecessary imo since AppGuard blocks the exploit payload anyways, if you can live with the idea that an exploit executes on your system but the payload doesn't run remove it, if you can't keep it. :D

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
MBAE is unnecessary imo since AppGuard blocks the exploit payload anyways, if you can live with the idea that an exploit executes on your system but the payload doesn't run remove it, if you can't keep it. :D
If I interpreted correctly some posts about AppGuard and MBAE in Wilders Security forums, it seems that AG only blocks exploits at the last stages while MBAE blocks them at first stages. AG may not be a full blown anti-exploit, but because of its mechanism of memory guarding the programs, it already applies anti-exploitation of these programs. Nevertheless, MBAE is a full-blown anti-exploit solution. Some posts there even suggest to use both for complementary reasons.

I'm gonna use both for now. If I don't like MBAE, then I'll remove it.

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Removed: ESET Smart Security 8 and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium
Added: Emsisoft Internet Security 10

I decided to test EIS 10 again. I still have 15 days to test this. If I don't really like it, I'll dump it.
I uninstalled MBAE because itman from Wilders discovered that Emsisoft's BB would not work properly with anti-exploit tools installed. Also, an Emsisoft staff said that MBAE has known incompatibilities with Emsisoft products (although he just advised to put MBAE into exclusion).

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Update!

Removed:
Opera browser, TheSage, O&O Defrag and Google Chrome extensions (citation extensions for my Master's degree)
Added: HitmanPro.Alert 3, MyDefrag, HexChat and IrfanView.

I'm trialing HitmanPro.Alert. Is it really good? How do you compare it with Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit? Won't it conflict with my current setup (especially, security setup)?

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
How do you compare it with Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit?

An amazing feature of HMP.A is that, without any configuration, it can work well with Sandboxie.
Regarding MBAE, Umbra has given a guide on how to configure it to make it work with Sandboxie, but it is too complicated for me to understand...
In addition, HMP.A also provides some other interesting features including Camera Protection/Keystroke Encryption/CrytoGuard/etc...
So in my opinion, MBAE is a pure anti-exploit program, while HMP.A is an anti-exploit + anti-spyware + anti-ransomeware + cloud-based on-demand scanner (Kaspersky + Bitdefender, two powerful engine!) + many other interesting security products:D

Won't it conflict with my current setup (especially, security setup)

I remember that Fabian Wosar has ever mentioned in the official forum that Emsisoft does not have the capability of anti-exploit. This is because the developers hope Emsisoft Anti-Malware can have a good compatibility with other security products. They prefer to deal with the "payload" (I guess it refers to the malware).
So I guess there will be no overlapping between the functions of EIS and HMP.A that can cause incompatibility issues.:)

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
An amazing feature of HMP.A is that, without any configuration, it can work well with Sandboxie.
Regarding MBAE, Umbra has given a guide on how to configure it to make it work with Sandboxie, but it is too complicated for me to understand...
In addition, HMP.A also provides some other interesting features including Camera Protection/Keystroke Encryption/CrytoGuard/etc...
So in my opinion, MBAE is a pure anti-exploit program, while HMP.A is an anti-exploit + anti-spyware + anti-ransomeware + cloud-based on-demand scanner (Kaspersky + Bitdefender, two powerful engine!) + many other interesting security products:D

I remember that Fabian Wosar has ever mentioned in the official forum that Emsisoft does not have the capability of anti-exploit. This is because the developers hope Emsisoft Anti-Malware can have a good compatibility with other security products. They prefer to deal with the "payload" (I guess it refers to the malware).
So I guess there will be no overlapping between the functions of EIS and HMP.A that can cause incompatibility issues.:)
Yeah. The features found in HMP.A made me decide to try it out.
As for its compatibility with EIS, I really hope that there are no compatibility issues. Yes, EIS should work fine with other security softwares, but itman from Wilders said that in his testing BB of Emsisoft has problems when there is an anti-exploit tool installed.
But, I installed HMP.A because of what an Emsisoft employee said that they found no issue with Emsisoft products if paired with HMP.A.

Last edited:

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Update!

Added: Virtualbox as my VM software

I'm planning on testing some AVs (or any softwares) within VM against malwares. What do you suggest that I should do for precautions? From what I understood, VMs are pretty much secured. But according to my research, there might be vulnerabilities within VM that might expose the Host OS.

I'm not an expert on cyber-security, so what I'm just gonna do is to scan the malwares with AVs. If the malwares aren't detected, then I will run them. Is this okay? I have snapshots in place. What I'm afraid of is that there might be malwares that might infect the Host OS. However, my Host OS has the security configuration that I think is enough to stop any malware from running. So, what can you suggest?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.