HitmanPro.Alert 3.x.x
Firewall security
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntiLogger
HitmanPro
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome 64-bit: LastPass, Web Boost, uBlock Origin, Google Data Saver, IDM extension

Pale Moon 27 64-bit: LastPass, Decentraleyes (jetpack version), uBlock Origin

Vivaldi 64-bit: LastPass, uBlock Origin, Web Boost
Maintenance tools
CCleaner Free, Process Lasso Pro, Veracrypt, BatteryCare, Revo Uninstaller, O&O ShutUp10
System recovery
AOMEI Backupper Professional

DJ Panda

Level 30
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 30, 2015
You should add Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as another ODS and remove Hitmanpro. Zemana has the same engines plus others so its a little redundant.

Reactions: Sr. Normal

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
You should add Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as another ODS and remove Hitmanpro. Zemana has the same engines plus others so its a little redundant.
My On Demand Scanners are enough, for me. I don't have to remove HitmanPro. I have a license for HitmanPro.Alert. So, why not utilize the On Demand Scanner (HitmanPro) that comes with it? :D

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
A

above

Question: Is FlashBack fine with my laptop?
I have a license for AX64. Can I use this license to activate FlashBack?
FLASHBACK by Xeroweight - Snapshot Imaging Backup | Simplest backup and restore software for Windows suitable for the everday man.

HP Pavilion 14-v241tx
Operating System: WIndows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit
Processor: Intel Core i5-5200U
RAM: 8GB
GPU [Optimus]: Intel HD Graphics 5500 and NVIDIA GeForce 830M
Hard Drive: 500GB
Yes it will activate.

Reactions: XhenEd

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Yes it will activate.
Thanks!
The question now is: is FlashBack safe to use?
I tried Rollback Rx, but it ruined my laptop's system (unbootable).

Edit: It seems that there are many problems with the latest version, according to its thread in the Wilders Security forums. This means I won't install this software yet. :)

Last edited:

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Update!

Removed: Privacy Badger (Chrome extension)
Added: Heimdal Pro, CryptoPrevent, uMatrix (extension/add-on for both Pale Moon and Google Chrome)

I have removed Privacy Badger in a while already, maybe one or two days after I installed Adguard for Windows.
I added uMatrix just recently.
I added Heimdal Pro for an additional real-time protection. I'll probably disable ZAM's real-time protection if I find issues. For now, I'm trying out my "overkill" security configuration. :)
CryptoPrevent is not actually an "addition" since it is in my laptop's system long, long time ago. I just forgot to put it in my config. :)

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
Nice set-up...

IMO would probably turn off ZAM real-time just use it on demand and probably cryptoprevent as for preventive measure Appguard got your back.

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Nice set-up...

IMO would probably turn off ZAM real-time just use it on demand and probably cryptoprevent as for preventive measure Appguard got your back.
If I find issues or just feeling like it, I will disable ZAM real-time protection. :)
As for CryptoPrevent, I have it installed just for being a back-up. I was thinking of a possible situation where I disable all my third-party security softwares (including AppGuard). If that would happen, at least there is CryptoPrevent that could prevent some malware.

Duotone

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 17, 2016
As for CryptoPrevent, I have it installed just for being a back-up. I was thinking of a possible situation where I disable all my third-party security softwares (including AppGuard). If that would happen, at least there is CryptoPrevent that could prevent some malware.

That only happens when your installing new software's have the same issue so I'm considering purchasing WAR. Although having SBIE, SD, and FLASHBACK is making me think twice so far these haven't failed when an install/test had gone wrong.

Last edited:

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Update!

Removed: Heimdal Pro

There's just too much problem I encountered with Heimdal PRO. It's a bummer because I really, really liked its concept (I think their marketing strategy affected me hahaha).

1. But internet browsing was slow.
2. Some websites failed to load because of a problem in the DNS.
3. Sometimes, Traffic Filtering failed (i.e. I couldn't turn it off, or it would not turn on). Checking on the DNS, sometimes it wouldn't change. It was expected that when Traffic Filtering is turned off, DNS setting should automatically go to the default, and when it is turned on, DNS setting should set itself to 127.0.0.1 (Heimdal PRO DNS).
4. When my laptop goes offline, WmiPrvSE.exe consumes more than 30% every 5-10 seconds (maybe because it tried to connect to the internet).

I tried reinstalling (countless times!) Heimdal PRO, staying or updating to the beta version, disabling all my security software, disabling Adguard, disabling the Wi-Fi, clearing DNS cache, clearing useless files using CCleaner, and restarting the system (countless times!). What I did not do, however, was to uninstall some or all of my other security software.

I will just wait for another stable release of this software before I will try it again. :)

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
Update!

Removed: Heimdal Pro

There's just too much problem I encountered with Heimdal PRO. It's a bummer because I really, really liked its concept (I think their marketing strategy affected me hahaha).

1. But internet browsing was slow.
2. Some websites failed to load because of a problem in the DNS.
3. Sometimes, Traffic Filtering failed (i.e. I couldn't turn it off, or it would not turn on). Checking on the DNS, sometimes it wouldn't change. It was expected that when Traffic Filtering is turned off, DNS setting should automatically go to the default, and when it is turned on, DNS setting should set itself to 127.0.0.1 (Heimdal PRO DNS).
4. When my laptop goes offline, WmiPrvSE.exe consumes more than 30% every 5-10 seconds (maybe because it tried to connect to the internet).

I tried reinstalling (countless times!) Heimdal PRO, staying or updating to the beta version, disabling all my security software, disabling Adguard, disabling the Wi-Fi, clearing DNS cache, clearing useless files using CCleaner, and restarting the system (countless times!). What I did not do, however, was to uninstall some or all of my other security software.

I will just wait for another stable release of this software before I will try it again. :)
100% agree. I liked the concept as well, but things like slowdown and making website difficult load made me uninstall it. I remember it causing the alert flag on MalwareTips to take a very long time to load the alerts.

Whenever I try the product it seems fine the first day but then later the issues start appearing. They really could benefit with being more active in security forums, which could lead to more people wanting to beta test the software. Because it's clear the product needs more expert testers.

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Well Configuration@XhenEd.What is your KIS 2016 setting?:p:D
1. Changed Quick Scan's heuristic analysis to deep.
2. Disabled SSL scanning.
3. Disabled Cost-Aware Networking.
4. Enabled option to detect PUP/PUA.
5. Unchecked all options in Secure Input Data.
6. Changed option of Private Browsing to Block Detected Requests.
7. Enabled Control Changes option in System Changes Control.
8. And others I may have forgotten. :D

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Update!

Changed: Removed Zemana AntiMalware(Premium) from the Real-time Malware Protection list
Removed: uMatrix (both extension and add-on)
Added: Rollback RX Professional

I really, really hope this time Rollback RX won't destroy the OS, unlike what it did the last time I used it. :D

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Update!

Changed: Re-enabled Zemana AntiMalware Premium's realtime protection
Removed: Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 MR1, Kaspersky Protection (browser extension), HitmanPro.Alert 3
Added: ESET Smart Security 9, Vivaldi, Extensions for Vivaldi browser

Changed AV simply because I wanted to. :D
Removed HMP.A 3 to streamline system protection. I may add it back after version 3.5 is released as beta or stable, or if I just want it back. :D

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.