Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntMalware
HitmanPro
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome: uBlock Origin, LastPass, Data Saver, Decentraleyes, Grammarly, Message deleter for Slack, Nano Defender, OneNote Web Clippier, XDM browser monitor
Mozilla Firefox Quantum: uBlock Origin, LastPass, Decentraleyes, OneNote Web Clipper, Grammarly, XDM browser monitor
Pale Moon
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Auslogics Disk Defrag, Revo Uninstaller
File and Photo backup
OneDrive
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Home

When I launched Safe Money, there would be countless blocks in Kaspersky logs, stating that the other applications (including AppGuard) were prevented from messing with Safe Money's browser. CPU went high and the browser lagged. :)

Also, I think when I launched Safe Money, it was Google Chrome that was launched, my primary browser.

That is what Kaspersky Safe Money is designed to do; it blocks other running processes from tampering with the launched browser.

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
That is what Kaspersky Safe Money is designed to do; it blocks other running processes from tampering with the launched browser.
Thanks for info, Lockdown!

Maybe the better statement is that Safe Money is "incompatible" to all programs, not just AppGuard, that try to tamper with the Safe Money browser. They are all incompatible because they just cannot work with the Safe Money browser. :)

Thanks for info, Lockdown!

Maybe the better statement is that Safe Money is "incompatible" to all programs, not just AppGuard, that try to tamper with the Safe Money browser. They are all incompatible because they just cannot work with the Safe Money browser. :)

Safe Money (protected browser) is blocking injection, memory tampering, etc so that if there is an undetected banking Trojan running on your system, the banking Trojan cannot steal from nor manipulate the banking browser session. The "hardening" of the browser is the reason for all the block events in the Kapsersky log when the Safe Money browser session is launched and running on the system.

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Update!

Removed: WebBoost (Google Chrome Extension)
Added: Heimdal PRO and Decentraleyes (Google Chrome Extension)

I added Heimdal PRO for testing. I'm fully aware that my current realtime protection setup is quite overkill and unnecessary. :p
Instead of WebBoost, I'm now using Decentraleyes. :)

So far, Heimdal PRO acts surprisingly well. Its DNS sticks consistently now. But, of course, some of the issues I encountered in the past still remain, like CPU spikes every few seconds (intended, though) and CPU eating of the GUI when it's opened.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

So far, Heimdal PRO acts surprisingly well. Its DNS sticks consistently now. But, of course, some of the issues I encountered in the past still remain, like CPU spikes every few seconds (intended, though) and CPU eating of the GUI when it's opened.
Good luck with Heimdal! (again) ;) I was also very skeptic against Heimdal, but recently they have impressed me in many good ways. My DNS also is stable now and doesn't change, but I don't encounter any CPU eating with GUI opened. I have seen Heimdal increases CPU usage/% when other programms uses internet (since it scans traffic patterns), so I would say it depends on your setup. On my i7-4700MQ, I've seen a couple of times after install and when Heimdal scans, that Heimdal.Agent eats about +/- 1,6% of CPU for some time, but that's intended I guess. I haven't felt any performance impact so far and web browsing speed is same as without Heimdal. Also to note, I use RC build. Looking forward for your feedback with Heimdal in future. (y):)

Last edited by a moderator:

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Update!

Removed: Heimdal PRO
Added: HTTPS Everywhere (Google Chrome extension)

That didn't take long...
I uninstalled Heimdal PRO because it still couldn't work well with my configuration. I really wonder why it's only I who experience the issues. Even a developer in Heimdal couldn't know why when he inspected through Team Viewer in the past.

The good thing was that Heimdal's DNS sticked, but that also was the downside. It very much sticked that even disabling Traffic Filtering wouldn't change the DNS back to Automatic. So, what happened was there would be no internet connection due to DNS problem (Traffic Filtering turned off) caused by Heimdal's DNS setting.

Also, Heimdal caused too much CPU spikes.

About HTTPS Everywhere, I actually added this to my Chrome months ago. But I thought that it's already reflected here. I was wrong. So, here it is, added in the configuration thread. :D

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Update!

Added: RollBack Rx Professional, f.lux, OneNote Web Clipper(Chrome extension)
Removed: Auslogics Disk Defrag, Tampermonkey (Chrome extension)
Changed: Windows 10 Creators Update (Redstone 2) to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Redstone 3)

As soon as Fall Creators Update was released, I immediately downloaded it and upgraded my laptop's system. :cool:

I added RollBack Rx Professional (again). I hope it won't give me headaches ever again. I have Macrium Reflect backups ready, just in case something unexpected (expected?) bad happens. :cautious::eek::ROFLMAO:

I added f.lux. I prefer it over Windows 10's Night Light. :)

I also added OneNote Web Clipper. I'm using MS OneNote for work, so it's only logical for me to use the extension. :)

I removed Auslogics Disk Defrag because of RollBack Rx Professional. RollBack's defragmenter doesn't like other defragmenters, you know. I also removed Tampermonkey because it's not needed anymore. :)

Edit: Clip to OneNote to OneNote Web Clipper. Just a misrepresentation. ;)

Last edited:

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
do you use RX on SSD?
No. :)

About RollBack Rx Professional:
Actually, when I installed RX, my license for it got invalid, probably because of multiple installations over a few systems (i.e. Host and Virtual Machine guests). :giggle::p

Thankfully, after opening a support ticket, HDS was kind enough to reset my license, even though I only got this license via MT giveaway. This has been resolved just a few hours after my request. Kudos to HDS! (y)

Last edited:

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
And if XhenEd had said yes Umbra.
I think other users (respectable users/experts) think that RX isn't doing the TRIM right on SSD, despite HDS' claim. :)

I'm using HDD, so I'm not entirely sure. I didn't dwell much on the issue about SSD TRIM and RollBack Rx, as it didn't affect me. :)

vtqhtr413

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 17, 2017
I'm no expert for sure, even respectable is currently under debate but I have read about the shortcomings of snapshot software in regards to SSD's, many nights spent weeping over lost content but it taught me a lesson. Many may be shocked to hear I have gone back to using Comodo time machine because I have no problems with it, simple as that, even on SSD's.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
Update!

Added: RollBack Rx Professional, f.lux, Clip to OneNote (Chrome extension)
Removed: Auslogics Disk Defrag, Tampermonkey (Chrome extension)
Changed: Windows 10 Creators Update (Redstone 2) to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (Redstone 3)

As soon as Fall Creators Update was released, I immediately downloaded it and upgraded my laptop's system. :cool:

I added RollBack Rx Professional (again). I hope it won't give me headaches ever again. I have Macrium Reflect backups ready, just in case something unexpected (expected?) bad happens. :cautious::eek::ROFLMAO:

I added f.lux. I prefer it over Windows 10's Night Light. :)

I also added Clip to OneNote. I'm using MS OneNote for work, so it's only logical for me to use the extension. :)

I removed Auslogics Disk Defrag because of RollBack Rx Professional. RollBack's defragmenter doesn't like other defragmenters, you know. I also removed Tampermonkey because it's not needed anymore. :)
Hi

I'm thinking of using Heimdal Pro to complement my set up with EAM + HMPA especially in areas of ATP and SSL/HTTPS filtering which the aforementioned doesn't cover (or doesn't cover very well). I understand that it uses DNS-based engines and you'll need to split-exclude its DNS servers' IP addresses if you are using a VPN. The followings are Heimal Pro's DNS servers IP addresses.

. 40.71.202.53

Is it possible to split-exclude Heimdal Pro's DNS servers IP addresses in WindScribe and ProtonVPN (both free)?

Reviews at Wilders Security Forums also point to many problems in the use of Heimdal Pro

Heimdal Free and Pro

Thanks

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Hi

I'm thinking of using Heimdal Pro to complement my set up with EAM + HMPA especially in areas of ATP and SSL/HTTPS filtering which the aforementioned doesn't cover (or doesn't cover very well). I understand that it uses DNS-based engines and you'll need to split-exclude its DNS servers' IP addresses if you are using a VPN. The following are Heimal Pro's DNS servers IP addresses.

. 40.71.202.53

Is it possible to split-exclude Heimdal Pro's DNS servers IP addresses in WindScribe and ProtonVPN (both free)?

Reviews at Wilders Security Forums also point to many problems in the use of Heimal Pro

Heimdal Free and Pro

Thanks
I really don't know the answer. I haven't tried pairing Heimdal with a VPN. :)

@Andra Zaharia might be able to answer. :)

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Update!

Added: Adguard for Windows
Removed: RollBack Rx Professional and uBlock Origin (browser extension/add-on)

Due to the changes in the latest release of Adguard, I've decided to install it. My license is lifetime, so I might as well use it. Because of this, I've removed (merely disabled, actually) uBlock Origin. :)

I might install uMatrix if my mood is right for it. :)

I've had enough of RollBack Rx Professional. No, it didn't cause damage to my laptop's system. But, boot time was horrible, scheduling was inconsistent, and the last two snapshots were marked as "questionable". So, I'm back with only Macrium Reflect as my backup software. :)

At least, RX didn't cause any BSOD or unbootable OS situation. :p :LOL:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.