Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Zemana AntMalware
HitmanPro
Malware sample testing
I do not participate in malware testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Google Chrome: uBlock Origin, LastPass, Data Saver, Decentraleyes, Grammarly, Message deleter for Slack, Nano Defender, OneNote Web Clippier, XDM browser monitor
Mozilla Firefox Quantum: uBlock Origin, LastPass, Decentraleyes, OneNote Web Clipper, Grammarly, XDM browser monitor
Pale Moon
Maintenance tools
CCleaner, Auslogics Disk Defrag, Revo Uninstaller
File and Photo backup
OneDrive
System recovery
Macrium Reflect Home

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
You use AppGuard 4 with KIS2018.It is bit overkill for me.Nice Config.
Thanks! :)
Yes, it can be overkill. But I have not heavily tweaked Kaspersky to become default-deny, so it's really not overkill. :)
Kaspersky in mine is still default-allow, while AppGuard provides default-deny. :)

I also had the problem with HMPA and Windows automatic updates, even with HMPA stable version.

Is KIS a good combo with AppGuard? How has your experience been with it?
I suppose that AppGuard is a good combo with KIS. I'm not good with determining whether a file is malicious or not. Well, I know the obvious things about malicious files, but not the not-so-obvious. I need a good detector for this. :) I install various software from time to time, you know. :)

AppGuard is here to provide default-deny. What is not explicitly allowed is denied to launch. And those programs that are vulnerable are guarded. Kaspersky provides monitoring of what I launch. :)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Did you add Kaspersky to power apps, in Adguard?
I tried this combo, and I got a weird block message at every reboot, until I added Kaspersky to power apps.

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Did you add Kaspersky to power apps, in Adguard?
I tried this combo, and I got a weird block message at every reboot, until I added Kaspersky to power apps.
Yes, I did. But I put KIS in AppGuard's power apps just in case there would be incompatibilities present.

But I never encountered any kind of block message upon boot concerning both software. The only incompatibility I encounter with the two is when Safe Money is launched. :)

Last edited:

Yes, I did. But I put KIS in AppGuard's power apps just in case there would be incompatibilities present.

But I never encountered any kind of block message upon boot concerning both software. The only incompatibility I encounter with the two is when Safe Money is launched. :)

There is no incompatibility between Safe Money and AppGuard. AppGuard blocks the Kaspersky Internet Explorer Plugin from using reg.exe. The user can allow the launch of reg.exe if they wish.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
What's the block event ?

There is no need to add Kaspersky to the PowerApps list.
I will PM you the block event, but I am not using Kaspersky right now, so as far as I am concerned, it is just academic. By the way, I saw the same block with Kaspersky free.

Reactions: XhenEd and SHvFl

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Why not?

I used to add, Chrome, Firefox, IE, PDF readers, torrent clients and huge etc...

j/k
:D
If you make it a power app, then Appguard will not protect it at all.
You want to make those apps guarded, not power. Guarded means they are protected, and Power means they can run without any interference or control.

But don't make an AV guarded!

Reactions: XhenEd and SHvFl

Mr.X

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
If you make it a power app, then Appguard will not protect it at all.
You want to make those apps guarded, not power. Guarded means they are protected, and Power means they can run without any interference or control.

But don't make an AV guarded!
I'll give you 10 sec. to reconsider and re-read my post. Fully.

Why not?

I used to add, Chrome, Firefox, IE, PDF readers, torrent clients and huge etc...

j/k
:D

The Power Apps list is to be used only as a last resort to fix a breakage. If any program added to Power Apps is exploited, your system is toast.

You get it, others seem not to despite this being repeated innumerable times.

XhenEd

Level 28
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
There is no incompatibility between Safe Money and AppGuard. AppGuard blocks the Kaspersky Internet Explorer Plugin from using reg.exe. The user can allow the launch of reg.exe if they wish.
When I launched Safe Money, there would be countless blocks in Kaspersky logs, stating that the other applications (including AppGuard) were prevented from messing with Safe Money's browser. CPU went high and the browser lagged. :)

Also, I think when I launched Safe Money, it was Google Chrome that was launched, my primary browser.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.