xMomox Lappy's Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHomes

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2016
Man I don't know, maybe I'm losing my mind.... BUT I was positive that in a previous post listed above I described that macrium and AX64TM V1 worked with, and preserved the snapshots made with RollbackRX

Didn't use any of them actually. I usually manually backup the stuff I want to keep in a portable HDD.

That's not good, backups encrypt their data, which if you have an infection is critical. If you get an infection and it gets to your portable HDD, nothing is protecting that data.

See above for my recommendations but those are all either cheap or free and will encrypt your data and protect it.

Reactions: xMomox and Daljeet

Daljeet

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jun 14, 2017
Set UAC to always notify
Remove adblock you already have ublock origin
Add EEK (Emsisoft emergency kit) as on demand scanner. Scan file if your not sure about file reputation. I suggest you scan file with multiple on-demand scanner like zemana and eek.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
I dunno, but I really need the softwares as I use them from time to time. The softwares are of Chinese made so... ;)
Anyways, I am also having some problems with Disconnect and uBlock Origin running together. I am getting this error. Anyone knows what's going on? Thanks!
This is because they both want to filter the same request.
I would remove Disconnect because their filter lists are available in uBlock Origin under privacy and malware.

Reactions: xMomox and Daljeet

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Enable Smartscreen if not already enabled and edit your config to reflect this.
Consider some type of system image backup solution and consider backing up data to an external drive also.
Please edit your config to reflect these changes also.
Consider adding an additional on demand scanner(s).
Thanks for sharing your config :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.