App Review Xvirus Personal Firewall PRO - ransomware test

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
If you allow it on the Memory watcher/Firewall, the ransomware protection will automatically allow it as well. Try using only the ransomware protection. In the end you can also restore all encrypted files(In case the ransomware protection gets bypassed) from the Anti-Ransomware Vault.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
If you allow it on the Memory watcher/Firewall, the ransomware protection will automatically allow it as well. Try using only the ransomware protection. In the end you can also restore all encrypted files(In case the ransomware protection gets bypassed) from the Anti-Ransomware Vault.
oh, I thought the antiransomware vault would prevent those files from being encrypted.

I will do a re-test when I have time with antiransomware module only

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Hello @Dani Santos I did a re-test. It worked but still needs to be improved

Link is updated in the OP

Thank you. I saw it and I'll add those programs (process explorer and windscribe) to the whitelist so they don't get terminated with the ransomware like in the test. You can also manually add them to the local whitelist to prevent that from happening.

And yes it still needs lots of improvments. I'll try to improve it so it blocks all ransomware and at least the Anti-ransomware vault recovered all the files from any ransomware.

Thank you for your time. :)

Last edited:

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Thank you. I saw it and I'll add those programs (process explorer and windscribe) to the whitelist so they don't get terminated with the ransomware like in the test. You can also manually add them to the local whitelist to prevent that from happening.

And yes it still needs lots of improvments. I'll try to improve it so it blocks all ransomware and at least the Anti-ransomware vault recovered all the files from any ransomware.

Thank you for your time. :)
hi, good idea for the program actually. Just need some tweaks to kill the ransomware before it can encrypt any file
Please add process explorer, task manager and some common VPN services to your whitelist

Thank you :)

F

ForgottenSeer 55778

XVirus is rapidly improving, but not yet on Zemana and Himanpro Alert's levels yet. I hope it gets there soon! Great for free though.

Reactions: Dani Santos

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.