App Review Xvirus Personal Guard 5.4.1.3 Review

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
Ive seen the video but XVirus may be broken, it detected nothing from web but from an offline pack.

The scanner may have a bug too. I reported this test to Dani Santos and Malware1 to check up.

Reactions: Andrew999

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Ive seen the video but XVirus may be broken, it detected nothing from web but from an offline pack.

The scanner may have a bug too. I reported this test to Dani Santos and Malware1 to check up.
that is what happens to me too when I scan it takes about 4 minutes to load the scanner I also think that Xvirus is a awesome product but they should also maybe add the web guard into Xvirus Personal Guard and maybe improve their signatures because like what he said that the links were really old and Xvirus didn't detect them.

Secondmineboy

Level 26
Verified
May 25, 2014
XVirus is based on Hex-Data,there are no real sigs in that sense.

But that its not scanning all folders he selects is possibly a bug tho.

Azure

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 23, 2014
File guard
Behavior guard
USB guard

I don't see any web guard in the shields so I wonder why the maker of the video attempted to test the product for that.
Unless file guard also serves as web guard...

Giving what I have already said. It actually did incredibly well detecting in the manual scan.

Reactions: Andrew999

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.