Ccleaner
System recovery
Macrium Reflect

xXAvatar

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
May 18, 2014
Hi guys, just updated my config.Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Nice one!
Why don't you add an anti-exploit (MalwareBytes AE) and sandboxie?
Also, you can replace Emsisoft Emergency Kit & MalwareBytes with Zemana (premium).

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Nice one!
Why don't you add an anti-exploit (MalwareBytes AE) and sandboxie?
Also, you can replace Emsisoft Emergency Kit & MalwareBytes with Zemana (premium).
MBAE is not standalone product any more and there is no more free version. It is integrated in Malwarebytes 3.0 and if you want to use it, you'll have to purchase premium version.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
MBAE is not standalone product any more and there is no more free version. It is integrated in Malwarebytes 3.0 and if you want to use it, you'll have to purchase premium version.
Yes, still if one doesn't prefer to go for it, MBAE setups are available on other trusted sites :)

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Yeah, but I don't know how good is it to use discontinued products. I had MBAE for a while and I never got any alerts so I removed it.

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Yeah, but I don't know how good is it to use discontinued products. I had MBAE for a while and I never got any alerts so I removed it.
I get it.
The exploits it is blocking are not very often seen, though those are common ones (like Java, browser exploits).
Its job is to strengthen the loopholes and prospect methodologies that are vulnerable to be bypassed by malware or taken advantage of, to gain access to other apps maliciously.
This makes the defence part in majority and doesn't usually notify.

Though discontinued, it can be of relief for sometime till we dont have good free alternatives (neglecting EMET).

Reactions: Marko :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.