Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
20150630_183243.jpg

D

Deleted member 178

so if you install this version of win10 , does it recognize oem license ? will you need to download the whole new stable OS or just do a small upgrade when it will be released?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Secondmineboy : That's the sure thing we need to expect but of course its 'baseline' protection will limit for that as per encouragement of other users to use 3rd party AV for Windows. ;)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello xxtoss23.:) Am I understanding correctly your reason for opting out of 360 TS was because of an invasive policy of non-privacy?o_O

For Windows 8.1 I'd used Windows Defender for most of a year with no problems before choosing to install Avast!; plus @Secondmineboy's description truly makes Defender sound amazing now.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I've been very pleased with Avast! (..well, except for 1 glitchy update approx. 1/2 a year ago which they'd cleared up quickly) and the price (spelled: f-r-e-e) makes me smile too!:D

Last edited:
Reactions: JD15

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.